Notifications

Flood concept...what's your preference  

RSS

Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
July 26, 2016 7:52 am  

How do you prefer to use your flood concepts? Do you use them as part of drop back passing, play action boot, sprint rollout, or some combination of the above?

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
July 26, 2016 8:12 am  

Play action and flood make sence since its usually 3 routes "flooding" the zones... you can do drop back the throw just gets longer as opposed to play action or sprint out.  Typically folks dont flood the middle of field either so...my opinion...flood and play action

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Coach_O
(@rob_coach_o)
Gold
July 26, 2016 9:21 am  

I use flood out of play action and 3 step drops.

Helmet Decalshttp://Facebook.com/SportsLiveDecals

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold
July 26, 2016 10:55 am  

We run flood exclusively from play action.

ReplyQuote
coachdoug
(@coachdoug)
Gold
July 26, 2016 1:51 pm  

Play action and flood make sence since its usually 3 routes "flooding" the zones... you can do drop back the throw just gets longer as opposed to play action or sprint out.  Typically folks dont flood the middle of field either so...my opinion...flood and play action

I don't run Flood, so take my thoughts for what they're worth (i.e. not much), but if I did, I would subscribe to exactly what Zach is saying ...

Video clips: www.youtube.com/footballcoachdougFacebook Page: www.facebook.com/footballcoachdoug

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
July 26, 2016 2:35 pm  

We run a Flood on the Goal Line off play action with a hide route on the backside. We have 2 TE's & a wing that motions across. The front side TE runs a corner, the motion man an out, the FB an arrow. The back side TE falls down then runs to the far corner. We fake strong side Power.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
defensewins
(@defensewins)
Silver
August 1, 2016 2:09 pm  

How do you prefer to use your flood concepts? Do you use them as part of drop back passing, play action boot, sprint rollout, or some combination of the above?

I believe that your question implies the usefulness of the flood concept.  Meaning, you can throw flood as a drop back, sprint/roll or PAP.  It is imperative to change the launch point of the QB...the more versatile a concept to do that, the better. 

ReplyQuote
Share: