Notifications

mega splits and slot receiver  

RSS

Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
May 3, 2016 3:46 am  

I plan on 3 ft splits between C-G, G-T. I'm guessing a DE would be about 1 yd. outside the tackle. So that's 3 yards to the DE. Figure 3 yards from a DE for the slot receiver. If he runs a bubble, that's probably another 2 yards out making it 5 yards from the DE. Is that enough space to clear the DE considering a 5th/6th grade QB?

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 3, 2016 6:54 am  

mostly 6th graders....here is the formation...bubble to #15. #55 and 51 cross block.

.....55...................T.......G....C.....G.....T.....16

My biggest issue is #55 wanting to split out too wide and the LOT...a 5th grader not trusting his mega splits yet. 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CD Rams Coach M
(@cd-rams-coach-m)
Bronze
May 3, 2016 10:09 am  

I plan on 3 ft splits between C-G, G-T. I'm guessing a DE would be about 1 yd. outside the tackle. So that's 3 yards to the DE. Figure 3 yards from a DE for the slot receiver. If he runs a bubble, that's probably another 2 yards out making it 5 yards from the DE. Is that enough space to clear the DE considering a 5th/6th grade QB?

I would think that would account for the playside DE. My concern with those splits is the blitzes and backside DE/tackle twists/stunts. Hopefully your QB can get the ball out in a hurry.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 3, 2016 11:08 am  

I would think that would account for the playside DE. My concern with those splits is the blitzes and backside DE/tackle twists/stunts. Hopefully your QB can get the ball out in a hurry.

Valid concern but oddly enough not the issue you think it might be. If your design is solid then all stunts actually help you rather than hurt you. Hard to explain really. Its very different. 

http://www.dumcoach.com/running-game-and-rule-blocking/mega-splits-is-passing-the-test/

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Share: