Notifications

Wr spacing  

RSS

nwmocb
(@nwmocb)
Bronze
October 26, 2015 1:57 pm  

Anyone have an easy way to teach spacing for 10 year Olds?

coachdoug
(@coachdoug)
Gold
October 26, 2015 9:11 pm  

Not sure what you're asking - are you asking about alignment/splits?  If so, use landmarks.  For 13-14 yr olds, we use the following:

Ball in the middle of the field - #1 receiver 1 yard inside the top of the numbers.  #2 receiver 1 yard outside the hashes.

Ball on the near hash - #1 receiver 5 yards from sideline (i.e. 2 yards outside the bottom of the numbers). #2 receiver split the difference between the #1 receiver and OT on your side (i.e. 2-3 yards inside the top of the numbers).

Ball on the far hash - #1 receiver 1 yard inside the hashes. #2 receiver 1 yard past the middle of the field (there are generally markings indicating the middle of the field at the 3, 40 and 50 yard lines, or your receiver can just make a line in his head from the middle of each set of goal posts).

For anything in between those 3 landmarks, just adjust accordingly.

For 10 year-olds, you might want to cut down on the splits a bit, especially if your QB doesn't have much of an arm, but you'll want to be as close to what I suggested as possible (if you're trying to spread out the defense and get some of their studs out of the box).

Video clips: www.youtube.com/footballcoachdougFacebook Page: www.facebook.com/footballcoachdoug

ReplyQuote
Share: