Notifications

Pistol Snap  

RSS

Coach Carrillo
(@coach-carrillo)
Copper
February 14, 2013 9:15 am  

Can anyone explain to me the best way to tech a center pistol snap? 

Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
February 14, 2013 9:22 am  

Can anyone explain to me the best way to tech a center pistol snap?

I have been teaching my son, who is 7, to use two hands. He gets it perfect 9 times out of 10.

ReplyQuote
Coach Big B
(@theredzoneshow)
Gold
February 15, 2013 3:18 am  

This was a snap video that someone showed me two yrs. ago here. I teach the gun snap with a light toss back with their fingers on the laces. Have the ball slightly in front of them, then have them snap the ball where the elbow hit the cup of the player, and then work on step with the snap. If you see the ball go up in the air his but is in the air. If the ball go left or right then they moved their behind in that direction. The snap above is a snap I taught to all of my linemen. The benefit is that if your center go out you can get your back-up to come in and can get a decent snap. MAke sure you rep the snap no less than 30 times a practice and have them snap the ball to the sofa 20 times a day. Give them a ball and teach them to snap and step. This is huge because one season my center would snap and sit. Make sure you don't ride your center. If you jump on them for every bad snap you will have a mess on your hands. When your center is good then do drills when you have two men fire off on him on the snap. Many teach their linemen to smash the center. So if you rep him with 2-3 defenders firing off on him he will be solid game time.

The Red Zone Show (Host/Producer)"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit." Coach Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
Share: