Notifications
Clear all

Anyone have the Cisar perfect practice dvd?

RJGiants75
(@rjgiants75)
Bronze
Topic starter  

I'm really enjoying the book and thinking that this would help explain some of the drills a little better than reading it.

Thoughts?

CoachRJ
(@rjohns99)
Bronze

I have most of the material and DVDs and found them useful.  There is little (if any) additional material in the DVDs but coach Cisar explains it all in his own words which adds some insight and the DVDs provide sample video of most concepts which gives context/comparison to what you see in practice.

What I would love to have is more practice video.

RJ

"There's no system of play that substitutes for knocking an opponent down.  When you hit, hit hard." - Pop Warner

ReplyQuote
RJGiants75
(@rjgiants75)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Coach RJ,

Thanks for the input.

I've found two different practice DVDs from him online. There is one that is available on amazon and championship DVD called "youth practice organization /lighting the fire" 2009 and the one listed on his website " Practice organization-the perfect practice ". Are these different ? I'm just wondering if you have one and not the other and maybe one has extra in it not in the first? Maybe they are the same under a different title? Not sure,

Rob

ReplyQuote
Luc
 Luc
(@coachluc)
Gold

What I would love to have is more practice video.

RJ

I was thinking of buying that DVD but my main reason was to see the pace of practice.
This is what I want the most. See a fast paced, well ran, practice.
Luc

To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

ReplyQuote
RJGiants75
(@rjgiants75)
Bronze
Topic starter  

I was thinking of buying that DVD but my main reason was to see the pace of practice.
This is what I want the most. See a fast paced, well ran, practice.
Luc

I agree. I want to see that as well.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

I just got this DVD. I was watching it yesterday and today. Mostly white board presentation from Dave. There are several video clips of the drills. But it seems that many of them we filmed for the DVD and weren't from an actual practice. You might get a clearer picture of practice pace from the Offensive and Defensive installation DVDs. but I cant comment on that, yet. I purchased the Single Wing installation DVD but havent had a chance to watch it yet.

I am pleased with what I have seen so far. I read Dave's book. I've read his O-Line book and watched the video that it supports. So far its all been money well spent.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
NewbieCoach
(@jdodson)
Copper

I got the one thru Championship and wish I had spent the money elsewhere.  Looks to be bits and pieces of a live clinic, and really just touches the wave tops nothing really specific.  If you're going to purchase one then I'd say try the one on his website.

ReplyQuote
WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze

Rob, hopefully we can convert these double wingers to single wingers...lol

Team work: good as gold

ReplyQuote
RJGiants75
(@rjgiants75)
Bronze
Topic starter  

I got the one thru Championship and wish I had spent the money elsewhere.  Looks to be bits and pieces of a live clinic, and really just touches the wave tops nothing really specific.  If you're going to purchase one then I'd say try the one on his website.

Yes, the one on his website is different than the Championship productions dvd. The one of his website is for every penny. Provides white board instruction, practice footage,etc.

ReplyQuote
RJGiants75
(@rjgiants75)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Rob, hopefully we can convert these double wingers to single wingers...lol

I'm down with that. Love me some single wing!! 

ReplyQuote
WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze

I'm down with that. Love me some single wing!!

Did you get Rafael to commit yet? I'll talk to his cousin today if not.

Team work: good as gold

ReplyQuote
RJGiants75
(@rjgiants75)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Did you get Rafael to commit yet? I'll talk to his cousin today if not.

Yes, he is committed but will be with Mighty Mites still.His son was only 7 last year. I may end up with JPW's.

ReplyQuote
NewbieCoach
(@jdodson)
Copper

Yes, the one on his website is different than the Championship productions dvd. The one of his website is for every penny. Provides white board instruction, practice footage,etc.

Cool, thanks for the feedback!

ReplyQuote
Share: