Notifications
Clear all

How can I get DPs aggression drills ?

Page 2 / 2

Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

I was affraid to do whose ball(had a kid snap his arm by getting fallen on top of in another drill) until one day and two of my friends got our boys together. I told my friends about whose ball and they were all about it. It was awesome and I was exhausted when it was over. My son wanted to keep going and hearing that from him was huge. So I will always do whose ball with everyone of my teams going forward.

ReplyQuote
DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver

I have new assistants and left them with practice plan. I had to leave and help get equipment for 75+ kids >:(. I arrived at the end of practice right before enduro's. He comes up to me and says your back and they are ready for enduro's. Told him to take them since he ran all of practice anyway. Afterwards he comes up to me and said coach I feel like somebody is going to report me for some your drills and them enduro's  :D. He has actually been a great addition to my staff. While doing whose ball he kept looking to see if someone was going to approach him.

We are having our parent meeting following our first practice on Tuesday.  I am going to do my best to express what we are going to do this year for our P.A.I.N program and why.  When I spoke with Coach Potter earlier this year he did a great job of explaining the necessity for these types of drills and emphasized the importance of preparing parents for them. I hope to convey the message 1/4 as well as he does.

One of our most important jobs as coaches is to do everything in our power to protect the boys who's parents have trusted us to  prepare them to play tackle football.  We have to prepare them to face the very best teams at their level, in almost every case the best teams are those that hit the hardest and play without fear.  If we send a child out on to the field of play and he hasn't ever been hit hard, pushed around, knocked down and had to find a way to fight back and fight through he's not going to be prepared to compete on the field against the best. He will only be prepared to be intimidated, to feel fear and to quit both physically and mentally and that's when kids get injured.

We want to push these boys in practice past where they think they can go, we want to show them that they are stronger and tougher than they ever realized and that's not done by being gentle and trying to coax it out of them. It's done by putting them in position to get knocked down and beat up and by pushing them to get back up and to fight back and hit hard and realize that they're not beat until they decide to quit.  We can do this at practice in a relatively safe and controlled environment, or we can trot them out to face the competition completely unprepared for what's to come.

If we do this right these boys will carry themselves with greater confidence, they'll learn to be someone that can be counted on by others and they'll learn to conquer their fears and how to not quit just because something is difficult. These young men aren't going to play football for their entire lives, but the lessons that they learn playing football can be carried with them forever.

/rant

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

We are having our parent meeting following our first practice on Tuesday.  I am going to do my best to express what we are going to do this year for our P.A.I.N program and why.  When I spoke with Coach Potter earlier this year he did a great job of explaining the necessity for these types of drills and emphasized the importance of preparing parents for them. I hope to convey the message 1/4 as well as he does.

One of our most important jobs as coaches is to do everything in our power to protect the boys who's parents have trusted us to  prepare them to play tackle football.  We have to prepare them to face the very best teams at their level, in almost every case the best teams are those that hit the hardest and play without fear.  If we send a child out on to the field of play and he hasn't ever been hit hard, pushed around, knocked down and had to find a way to fight back and fight through he's not going to be prepared to compete on the field against the best. He will only be prepared to be intimidated, to feel fear and to quit both physically and mentally and that's when kids get injured.

We want to push these boys in practice past where they think they can go, we want to show them that they are stronger and tougher than they ever realized and that's not done by being gentle and trying to coax it out of them. It's done by putting them in position to get knocked down and beat up and by pushing them to get back up and to fight back and hit hard and realize that they're not beat until they decide to quit.  We can do this at practice in a relatively safe and controlled environment, or we can trot them out to face the competition completely unprepared for what's to come.

If we do this right these boys will carry themselves with greater confidence, they'll learn to be someone that can be counted on by others and they'll learn to conquer their fears and how to not quit just because something is difficult. These young men aren't going to play football for their entire lives, but the lessons that they learn playing football can be carried with them forever.

/rant

D

You should put in for League Prez this December. You get it.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
MightyJoeYoung
(@mightyjoeyoung)
Bronze

"A man can fail many times, but he is not a failure until he gives up."

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

An old thread re: Aggression Development with a great line included from Michael.  lol

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: