Notifications
Clear all

Practice Organization Cheat Cards

Page 1 / 2

davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Practice Organization "Cheat Cards" 26 of our best Oregon Pace practice drills DVD:

http://winningyouthfootball.com/cheatsheets2.php

Some of our guys need reminders- others we just hand them cards 5, 18, 25 and say
"do those for the next 30 minutes"

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

No3Putts
(@no3putts)
Bronze

Sounds like a tool a lot of us coaches with rotating staff could use.

What percentage of the drills would you consider to be specific to SW teams?

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Sounds like a tool a lot of us coaches with rotating staff could use.

What percentage of the drills would you consider to be specific to SW teams?

0%
But yeah, the rock throwers label me a "systems" coach  ::) ::)

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
No3Putts
(@no3putts)
Bronze

LOL, we need a rock-throwing smiley

ReplyQuote
CoachRJ
(@rjohns99)
Bronze

Now you tell me.  I just finished making drill and cheat play sheets for my ACs.

"There's no system of play that substitutes for knocking an opponent down.  When you hit, hit hard." - Pop Warner

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Now you tell me.  I just finished making drill and cheat play sheets for my ACs.

I was with Dan Schlager in LA last week
He told me he spent 8-10 hours drawing up all the stuff in the book on 3x5s so he could hand it out to his coaches, said I wasnt charging enough LOL

ReplyQuote
Aodaddy
(@aodaddy)
Copper

Practice Organization "Cheat Cards" 26 of our best Oregon Pace practice drills DVD:

http://winningyouthfootball.com/cheatsheets2.php

Some of our guys need reminders- others we just hand them cards 5, 18, 25 and say
"do those for the next 30 minutes"

Has anyone used these? Are they worth $30.00? What kind of drills? Thanks for the answers...

ReplyQuote
Coach Smith
(@mpd5123)
Silver

Willing to share? 

check out http://www.coaches-clinic.com/If any thing goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. ~Paul Bear Bryant

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold

Care to share?  :-

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold

Has anyone used these? Are they worth $30.00? What kind of drills? Thanks for the answers...

I cannot stress enough how vital Dave's stuff is in regards to practice orgainization, it has kept me sane and my kids productive every second of practice.  Did I add a few things and change a few of his stuff, sure, to fit my needs and desires, but overall, the framework is all Dave's.

And to boot, growing up and playing in the I in high school and college, I was no way a UBSW fan and for the past few years we would try to start out in the I, maybe a Pro Set and after being unsuccessful go to his UBSW.  Due to the fact of how easy it is to install, how you do not need studs and the fact that, no matter if we win or lose, we dominate the time of possesion using this O, it's awesome and we, for teh first time, are committed to it from day one through 8th grade............

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
Topic starter  

I cannot stress enough how vital Dave's stuff is in regards to practice orgainization, it has kept me sane and my kids productive every second of practice.  Did I add a few things and change a few of his stuff, sure, to fit my needs and desires, but overall, the framework is all Dave's.

And to boot, growing up and playing in the I in high school and college, I was no way a UBSW fan and for the past few years we would try to start out in the I, maybe a Pro Set and after being unsuccessful go to his UBSW.  Due to the fact of how easy it is to install, how you do not need studs and the fact that, no matter if we win or lose, we dominate the time of possesion using this O, it's awesome and we, for teh first time, are committed to it from day one through 8th grade............

Thanks

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
Topic starter  

We just started offering them 2 days ago, I dont think anyone has them

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

I can only testify to Dave's approach to practice organization. It is truely awesome, he understands how a youth practice needs to be run. I  am fortunate to call him my friend.

I don't think anyone understands just how much work Dave puts into any of his products. When I saw the price of the Cards, I was shocked at what a good value they are. I also think for his target group it's a perfect way to get instant help.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

IMO, the absolute most valuable part of what Dave does is his practice organization. That part of being a coach is often unknow to beginners and even somewhat overlooked by some of the guys with experience. Their is a reason he is able to win at the level he does in the shortened practice time he uses. It is not his schemes, it is the way he practices. Though his schemes are pretty darn good also.  😉

ReplyQuote
Aodaddy
(@aodaddy)
Copper

I hope I didn't ruff any feathers. I was just asking because the site didn't have much info. Thanks for the help!  ;D

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: