RSS

32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
April 2, 2020 1:39 pm  

I have seen where some of you have mentioned adding a Scoop and Score Drill to your dynamic warmups.  I want to add that to my warmup also but I am having some trouble trying to picture this.  I would appreciate anyone who could describe how this drill looks.

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
April 2, 2020 8:33 pm  

Nathan, when we used it during Dynamic Warm-Ups, we would throw the ball at the ground or roll it fast end-over-end like a bowling ball towards players during Sprints.  The players weren't allowed to stop or slow down to try and field it; they were required to continue to sprint full-speed and catch the ball while it was coming at them full-speed.  Although players were picked randomly, most of the time the Scoop & Score drill was done with a starting defensive player.  If they mis-handled or slowed down to field it, they were made to go back and start over.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
April 2, 2020 10:04 pm  

@coachdp

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
April 3, 2020 11:55 pm  

I teach scoop and score like a pick in rugby see below. We don't play it like baseball, it always bounces

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
April 3, 2020 11:58 pm  

@bucksweep58

I like that.  Thanks Zach!

ReplyQuote