Notifications

What is everyone doing for Video services. Ex. HUDL  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

tbmckie
(@tbmckie)
Copper
October 5, 2018 1:28 pm  

Our youth program has a limited budget.  Looks like the smallest package is $400.  Wondered if there are better options or more cost effective options.  For the ones that do film games/practice.  Do you use a camera or Ipad?

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 5, 2018 1:35 pm  

We're loading everything onto YouTube; games, scrimmages and practices.  It's free.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold
October 5, 2018 2:08 pm  

We're loading everything onto YouTube; games, scrimmages and practices.  It's free.

--Dave

+1 for Youtube

ReplyQuote
Coach Brad
(@coachbradfromcanada)
Bronze
October 5, 2018 6:39 pm  

Just loading into iMovie and watching it myself. No sharing this year, but at least it's free.

ReplyQuote
acsmith7062
(@acsmith7062)
Copper
Texas
3rd - 5th
Head Coach
October 5, 2018 7:43 pm  

+2 for YouTube

"You fail all the time, but you aren't a failure until you start blaming someone else."   O.A. "Bum" Phillips

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold
October 10, 2018 6:19 am  

I used Krossover, now that I have the hang of it, it works fine.  Certain parts of it are free. 

ReplyQuote
JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver
July 28, 2019 8:14 am  

$400 is steep for 10 year olds who don't care. So I let hudl go. I will use my own cloud or drop box to send video. I do like the idea of youtube. I need to learn more about it.

nothing replaces effort. nothing replaces the mind. One with out the other is a waste of time.

ReplyQuote
dollar
(@dollar)
Bronze
July 28, 2019 10:30 am  

We use Hudl.

We collect $15 from each family to cover cost of the $400 Bronze package and to pay if necessary to film opponents games.

We get volunteers to film our own games.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
July 28, 2019 5:35 pm  

My Hudl went form 99 to 200 in January.

I have no clue why it didn't go to 400?

I will stick with Hudl until it goes up again.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
July 28, 2019 5:45 pm  

Get a sponsor. I pay out of pocket for hudl then get a sponsor to pay for it.

Can always pass the hat too. $20 bucks a kid. Anything $20 & under parents are usually willing to part w/. Especially when it means they can go watch their kid whenever they want.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver
Head Coach
July 29, 2019 4:47 am  

I've used Hudl the past 4 years.  But I'm not going to spend $400 on it.  They lost me as a customer.

Gonna try the YouTube route.

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 29, 2019 5:16 am  

I think you have to consider what you are using the video services for(?)  Is it to exchange video with other teams?  Is it to give coaches and players the opportunity to review video at home?  I never exchanged video with another team when I coached youth.  We had almost always video-scouted every opponent ourselves anyway, so I already had what I needed.  As far as coaches watching film, I spent every Sunday for 10 years watching game and scout video at my DC's house on Sunday afternoons.  The rest of the staff was welcome to join us.  As for kids seeing the video, I'd bring a portable DVD player to practice and give the players a view of what I needed them to see.  I was (and still am) quite comfortable with a no-Hudl existence.  Yes, we use it at the high school, but I ain't paying and I shoot all the practice footage I could ever need with my phone.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
July 29, 2019 6:09 am  

I really hate that it is so dang expensive now...but there is no alternative for me at least...without spending a boat load on equipment and software...and on top of that, they bought Krossover this last year...further cementing themselves as the only game in town...I am using the team fees to pay for it...as we don't have a bunch of equipment to buy every year...consumables essentially, new helmet decals, new game pants...

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
dollar
(@dollar)
Bronze
July 29, 2019 6:41 am  

We use Hudl to exchange film with other Coaches in our League.

We use it a Ton as a Coaching Staff.

Our Parents use it watch their kids.

We do not use it as homework for kids to do-sometimes we will show plays on I pad at practice to help Coach Kids.

We get a Ton of Value for the $400 we spend-its not even close.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
July 29, 2019 8:15 am  

We use Hudl to exchange film with other Coaches in our League.

We use it a Ton as a Coaching Staff.

Our Parents use it watch their kids.

We do not use it as homework for kids to do-sometimes we will show plays on I pad at practice to help Coach Kids.

We get a Ton of Value for the $400 we spend-its not even close.

The exchanging is the biggie for me but Im thinking I might have less teams exchanging if they are bailing out on Hudl.

To bad really....right when I get to the point Im all in on Hudl....it gets a little pricy.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: