Notifications

play action pass plays out of I-Form twins 2-back off inside zone vs cover 3 & 1  

RSS

champion
(@champion)
Copper
July 9, 2015 4:07 am  

we are a 2 back I-Formation team and we run inside zone and outside zone and power we need some play action pass plays vs cover 3 and 1 from the twins set ---help is needed thanks

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
July 9, 2015 8:18 am  

Waggle concepts...easy

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
July 9, 2015 8:25 am  

I'm a dick for not giving you more info I know...blah blah...here ya go 😉

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHdATiq7es5YzctaEhsanVkdkE/edit?usp=docslist_api

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
July 9, 2015 5:31 pm  

we are a 2 back I-Formation team and we run inside zone and outside zone and power we need some play action pass plays vs cover 3 and 1 from the twins set ---help is needed thanks

Do you also try to establish the up back as a running threat, and toss wide to the deep back?  If so, TE pop pass (with flanker squaring out) goes very well with that combination.

Do you run sprint draw?  PAP off that used to be popular.

ReplyQuote
chucknduck
(@chucknduck)
Bronze
July 15, 2015 12:46 pm  

Versus Cover 3...a post/dig combo by your two receivers.  If the FS comes up, hit the post.  If the FS covers the post, hit the dig.  There should be a nice void there behind the backers if they come up on the run fake.  Checkdown to the fb if the first two are not open.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
July 15, 2015 1:18 pm  

By Far the most effective PA Pass we had was a high low route.

WR (x or Y) take the DB into a 10-12 yard Dig or Curl.
TE Releases on an Arrow route.  This guy will be open 90% of the time and the sideline should be his.  If the DB decides to sit on the Arrow then the X or Y should be open for the Dig. 

The OSLB should get suckered by the PA.  He doesnt stand a chance covering the TE...

May be just me, but there is rarely time for us to look for a 3rd receiver.  The blocking tends to break down too fast to find a FB under the LB's but, its not bad practice to send him there. 

JME  (Just My Experience) 

😉

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: