Notifications
Clear all

10Us -- do you allow a coach on the field during play?

Page 1 / 4

Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
Topic starter  

The Morris County Youth Football League is the most dumbed-down I've coached in.  It seems the restrictions or other kiddie provisions they apply at a given age level match those of players 1 year, sometimes 2 yrs., younger anyplace else I was familiar w, if they match anyone's.  With the 9Us (Clinic level), they allowed 2 coaches on the field for each team during play; I've never heard of anywhere else allowing more than 1.  This year I'm coaching 10Us (Super PeeWee), and they still allow each team 1 coach on the field, something I've never heard of w players that age.  But maybe it does exist elsewhere, hence my poll to find out.

Also in the 10Us, they don't allow blitzing until the ball's outside an OT position -- or maybe it's until the ball's outside the FBZ, because otherwise maybe super-mega-dilly G-T splits!

spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold

Our league allows coach on the filed for 5,6 & 7...5 & 6 is flag, 7 is first year tackle...

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold

In our league, they allow 2 coaches on the field for Tiny Mites (5-7) all season. For Mitey Mites (larger 7's, but mostly 8 & 9's) One coach on the field for the first three games of the regular season, then none thereafter. By Jr. Peewee (10/11), none at all, except for scrimmages, which are practice anyway.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

One Coach Allowed on the field 4-7th Grade. 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  ๐Ÿ™‚

ReplyQuote
Spyder89
(@spyder89)
Bronze

One Coach Allowed on the field 4-7th Grade.

7th?!?!?!?
That's crazy talk

- Ray

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

7th?!?!?!?
That's crazy talk

So you would complain?  ๐Ÿ˜€

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  ๐Ÿ™‚

ReplyQuote
acsmith7062
(@acsmith7062)
Copper

Our Org.....one coach allowed on the field for 2nd grade (8U).  3rd grade (9U), one coach allowed on the field the first game of the regular season, then none the rest.

"You fail all the time, but you aren't a failure until you start blaming someone else."   O.A. "Bum" Phillips

ReplyQuote
CoachDavidP
(@fizzlife)
Gold

We are allowed up to two on the field for our 5-6-7 division. That is our youngest and is flag. 8-9, our โ€˜freshmanโ€™ division and our first years of tackle, there are no coaches on the field.

David (Fizzlife)Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

ReplyQuote
Spyder89
(@spyder89)
Bronze

So you would complain?  ๐Ÿ˜€

I absolutely would.
Would it make it easier on me?  Absolutely.  But it is setting the kids up for failure IMHO.

- Ray

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

The year i helped coachs 7s, 1 coach was allowed on the field all season. After game 1, we had a scrimmage with with cross town club to experiment with sideline coaching.  The kids loved it, saying "this is real football"

We didnt step out on the game field for remainder of the season

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

it is setting the kids up for failure IMHO.

How so?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

for 6U(flag) we have 2 coaches on the field and for 8U we have 1. Every other age group has none.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

The Morris County Youth Football League is the most dumbed-down I've coached in.  It seems the restrictions or other kiddie provisions they apply at a given age level match those of players 1 year, sometimes 2 yrs., younger anyplace else I was familiar w, if they match anyone's.  With the 9Us (Clinic level), they allowed 2 coaches on the field for each team during play; I've never heard of anywhere else allowing more than 1.  This year I'm coaching 10Us (Super PeeWee), and they still allow each team 1 coach on the field, something I've never heard of w players that age.  But maybe it does exist elsewhere, hence my poll to find out.

Bob, I'll ask you the same question:  What diff does it make whether they allow coaches on the field, how many they allow, or whether you stand on the sideline, or not?  Don't like the rule?  Have your coaches stand on the sideline.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

We didnt step out on the game field for remainder of the season

Well, there's no point to standing on the field if it doesn't give you an advantage.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Bob, I'll ask you the same question:  What diff does it make whether they allow coaches on the field, how many they allow, or whether you stand on the sideline, or not.  Don't like the rule?  Have your coaches stand on the sideline.

It actually makes no difference to me as a thing in itself.  I just use it as an indicator that the MCYFL treats the players as if they were 1-2 yrs. younger than other leagues do.  (The comparison in exact yrs. isn't precise, because MCYFL uses an Aug. 1 age, while where I previously coached used May 1 and AYF used June 1 IIRC.)

In 2014 when I coached in a 7-9 YO div. that newly allowed a coach on the field, HC Miguel chose to coach from the sideline because he thought that was an advantage.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: