Notifications
Clear all

Busted

Page 2 / 2

Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

The monsignor's defense was they were orphans.

Killing kids' parents just to make the kids eligible is WAY out of line.  Unless you have a real shot at the championship, of course.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Monster
(@monster)
Gold

Killing kids' parents just to make the kids eligible is WAY out of line.  Unless you have a real shot at the championship, of course.

Come on Michael, have you seen the size of that City 'Ship trophy?!?! Just think of all the looks you'll get at the barber shop!

Mission Statement: To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
Topic starter  

Local Russian mobster (AHEM!) "entrepeneur" who fields a AA hockey team in CO featuring 12 kids (out of 18) from the Ukraine. They are put up in a dormitory just for the hockey season and return home when it's over. State rule limits billeting to 2 players and that is ONLY for AAA teams. State governing authority makes the determination that because a few of the more affluent parents bought homes in the area just for the hockey season, that none of the Ukrainian players are billet players.

A couple of coaches who happen to be very prominent former Avalanche players get caught hiding several billet players. Players are banned from playoffs. Coaches are ordered to hold 2 pro bono hockey clinics as a form of community service. Rule is abolished the next season.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Yes, that is a very complicated plan and would be really funny if it wasn't so sad. The guys around here tend to go the "brute force" route. They simply ignore rules and often lawyer up when they are punished. The kid in question once played for an infamous cheater who was kicked out of both large leagues in the Denver area. He sued citing racism. His case was thrown out, but he recently re-filed. He's a white guy, BTW.

This kid played for the Company Team?

That explains everything. He was taught to cheat at a very young age.  🙁

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
Topic starter  

Nothing back from the league. Meanwhile, cheating team beat their opponent 21-0 and their illegal player posts highlights on his HUDL page. I took some time to watch his highlight reel vs us and he was nice enough to include the hit that gave our guy a concussion, complete with highlight graphics. Way to tear up the 8th graders, stud.

So I sent another email, this time directly to the personal email accounts of the two brothers who run it. I think I'll give it a week and if nothing's done, I'll consult Mahonz and our HC and then post it all over their very visible Facebook page.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Been pretty fortunate
Omaha league had 3 teams getting caught cheating
That's been it- as far as I know

WHAT BLOWS ME AWAY:
The kids and parents of these cheating teams KNOW when a kid is too old- everyone talks
It only takes ONE disgruntled or honest parent to blow the whistle on a cheater
HOW CAN YOU HAVE A CONSPIRACY OF what 75 parents, coaches and players- where no one tells????
That is INCREDIBLE to have that many dishonest people in one little nook of the world

On a different note
One year we had one of OUR players try and get on the team with a bogus birth certificate
He wanted to play- was too old and crudely forged his own cert- we caught it
We made him a coach

I know of one NC winning HC who got busted using an over age player in a game. How did he get busted you ask? From what I was told, the kid took off his helmet during the game and a parent from his team recognized him and reported it to the board.

ReplyQuote
Threepwood
(@wettstein)
Bronze

"If you're not going to enforce a rule, eliminate it."

Bingo - applies to all sports, civilizations, games, etc.  I hate seeing large code books with zillions of laws - many of which are not enforced.  Why have them?

ReplyQuote
Threepwood
(@wettstein)
Bronze

I can never understand why age rules just aren't hard & fast. Older Lighter's & other such non sense really serve a small group & help no one.

I can't agree more.  We've played in several football leagues, baseball, and basketball.  What I don't understand about AAU basketball is that the playing rules are based off of grade AND/OR age.  I don't get the "and/or" rule.  For instance, in basketball, you can play for an 8th grade team if you're in the 8th grade and/or <15 years of age.  Why not do one or the other?

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

I can't agree more.  We've played in several football leagues, baseball, and basketball.  What I don't understand about AAU basketball is that the playing rules are based off of grade AND/OR age.  I don't get the "and/or" rule.  For instance, in basketball, you can play for an 8th grade team if you're in the 8th grade and/or <15 years of age.  Why not do one or the other?

The ANDs don't get me.  It is the ORs.  For example: If you are in 8th grade and less than 15 years of age, then you can play.
- If you are 15 or older, you can't play
- If you are in 9th grade, you can't play

That is how our conference handled our grade-based rules.  We had an 8th grade team in our conference that was a 14U once we got out of conference.  While we played teams in regionals that had 9th graders, we could not have any.  My son was a 12U playing on that 8th grade team and I was fine with it.  Just set clear rules.  AND is clear.  OR is not.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
Topic starter  

Update:
Our HC was on the phone with the league today to sort out this whole 8 man BS. I asked the HC to press the "illegal Freshman" issue in the spirit of selective rule enforcement. League told the HC that the Freshman is no longer playing and that he/the team turned in the "wrong" grade report as proof of grade. If I was a dishonest person, I would want so badly to get into business with these guys so I could rob them blind.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: