Notifications
Clear all

Center Offsides - Helmet over the Ball

RoyalFlush18
(@royalflush18)
Bronze
Topic starter  

I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't find with Search Function.

Can the Center's Helmet be in the Neutral Zone, if so, at what point would he be considered off-sides?

With the bobble heads, their arms just aren't long enough to reach out in front for the ball sometimes.

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't find with Search Function.

Can the Center's Helmet be in the Neutral Zone, if so, at what point would he be considered off-sides?

With the bobble heads, their arms just aren't long enough to reach out in front for the ball sometimes.

His helmet cant extend past the nose of the football. A good Super Shrimpie Smurf ref wont call it.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
coachmiket
(@coachmiket)
Gold

Our league has it written into the rules that the center's head can be past the football because of the varying body types of these kids.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

The more they bend their knees getting their butt lower, the more they should be able to stretch their arms forward.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Yankee Charlie
(@gacoachycarr)
Gold

The real issue is, as I discovered this weekend, if the Center snaps with the ball between his legs (as many smurfs do), at what point does the defensive lineman become offsides?  When he breaks the centers helmet, or when he breaks the ball?

"A boy comes to me with a spark of interest and it becomes a flame. I feed the flame and it becomes fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze" - Cus D'Amato, 1908-1985

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Defense is Offsides if they break the plane of the ball.  Generally speaking there is a one yard Neutral Zone. 

I teach my Defense 1 yard from the ball!!  😉

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: