Notifications

Request please!!!!  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS

Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
March 29, 2017 6:31 pm  

Can somebody or multiple people draw up power and counter from I and post it ? I am working on a hunch, but I want to see if my hunch is correct. Thanks in advance.

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Beansko82
(@beansko82)
Bronze
March 29, 2017 6:58 pm  

The first one is power out of the pro I as I remember.  The next two are different ways of running counter.  One is with the backside guard and tackle pull and the other is a lot like power with the guard and FB exchanging assignments.

ReplyQuote
somecoach
(@coach-tony)
Bronze
March 29, 2017 7:57 pm  

Not an I guy, but drew up a generic one really quick

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
March 29, 2017 8:33 pm  

Our Counter was Short Side.  With SSG pulling to Kick Out the DE,  OT Released to OSLB.  Essentially Looks Like and Inside ISO. 

Of course it had to be Set Up with the ISO and Power.  Drop the Counter on em and then Hit em with Play Action.  If you really want to get shitty with the defense when the pack the Box.  Put the X (Weak Side Receiver)in the slot and Loop Motion him behind the RB and drop an Option off of the ISO Fake. 

The Key to the I is knowing and having plays to run when that LB starts Jumping the Gap to stop the ISO's.  Counter, PA, and Option will keep them honest. 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Beansko82
(@beansko82)
Bronze
March 30, 2017 3:31 am  

This is how we ran it from the power I with 8/9s.  With the full house backfield it's not necessary to pull the BSG but I suppose you could. 

ReplyQuote
Beansko82
(@beansko82)
Bronze
March 30, 2017 3:40 am  

And now counter from the power I.  Once again this was with 8/9s so no pulling. FB and HB exchange assignments.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
March 30, 2017 3:50 am  

One thing I notice on this site is that almost everybody runs power to the C gap. Many pigeon hole the play to the C gap and tie their own hands.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
March 30, 2017 3:52 am  

This is how we ran it from the power I with 8/9s.  With the full house backfield it's not necessary to pull the BSG but I suppose you could.

If you can get the kids to pull and make contact with a bad guy it can only help.

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum
March 30, 2017 3:59 am  

One thing I notice on this site is that almost everybody runs power to the C gap. Many pigeon hole the play to the C gap and tie their own hands.

What do you do instead as I don't know that I have the right answer? 

For those plays, I typically want our backs (and pullers) reading the block on the DE and if the DE takes an inside path, then we are kicking it outside.  If we can take him deep, then the back will cut under that.  Whether that is C or D gap, I don't really care, so long as we read it correctly.  To keep it simple, I may have a puller peeling off inside and the FB kicking out, but often times that is going to be dependent on what kind of defense they are running and who is likely to be at the point of attack. 

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
March 30, 2017 4:08 am  

What do you do instead as I don't know that I have the right answer? 

For those plays, I typically want our backs (and pullers) reading the block on the DE and if the DE takes an inside path, then we are kicking it outside.  If we can take him deep, then the back will cut under that.  Whether that is C or D gap, I don't really care, so long as we read it correctly.  To keep it simple, I may have a puller peeling off inside and the FB kicking out, but often times that is going to be dependent on what kind of defense they are running and who is likely to be at the point of attack.

You can run power to any gap you want. As you point out, the defense is going to be your key as to where you run it. I'm not going to force the issue to the C if they are stacking that gap. We would just run inside it. Part of the beauty of Steve's dw good/god is that he can easily move the gap he attacks with power. Your rule for a te can make it a B gap play depending on the front(think GDB for te against a 6tech). Joe runs power as an A gap play. We never tried that but he does it with great success in hs.

ReplyQuote
Beansko82
(@beansko82)
Bronze
March 30, 2017 4:09 am  

If you can get the kids to pull and make contact with a bad guy it can only help.

I gave up on teaching pulling way too early last year because we had a lot of player turnover on the line and I felt I needed to focus on other things with the o line.

This year it will be a point of emphasis as I believe you're right, it can only help the play (and other plays too).

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
March 30, 2017 4:14 am  

I gave up on teaching pulling way too early last year because we had a lot of player turnover on the line and I felt I needed to focus on other things with the o line.

This year it will be a point of emphasis as I believe you're right, it can only help the play (and other plays too).

I think with the younger guys going with 32 personnel sets is the way to go. Part of that is you don't have to pull and you can concentrate just on blocking. Not a bad approach at all. It boils down to whether you can get it to work in the time given.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
March 30, 2017 5:01 am  

I don't run I formation, but in the bone (wishbone and broken bone), I run smash to every gap. No pulling, but with cross, bump lead, and fold blocking. Oregon and Idaho (outside and inside) of the original hole, can be called by QB.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
Beansko82
(@beansko82)
Bronze
March 30, 2017 5:09 am  

I don't run I formation, but in the bone (wishbone and broken bone), I run smash to every gap. No pulling, but with cross, bump lead, and fold blocking. Oregon and Idaho (outside and inside) of the original hole, can be called by QB.

Do you lead with the other two backs through the hole?

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
March 30, 2017 5:14 am  

Do you lead with the other two backs through the hole?

No, it is a single lead block. In broken bone one of the HBs is split out to slot or wing.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: