Notifications
Clear all

Cold Weather Dress

Page 2 / 2

DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver

D

When I go that notification my first thought was....I wonder how many teams just forked out some cash to practice indoors this week being that is was way to dangerous to practice outdoors all week.

Were you ready or is this delay going to help you?

We were ready and excited to play in some football weather.  Now it's a scramble and re-focus.  We also are having our year end party that we have paid the venue and caterer for on Sunday  ::) :-[  It's going to be a little awkward since the season's not over.

It's all good though, we rented out the indoor field for Monday but will get in our regular practices the rest of the week. The biggest challenge now is not over analyzing things and keeping the kids focused.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

We were ready and excited to play in some football weather.  Now it's a scramble and re-focus.  We also are having our year end party that we have paid the venue and caterer for on Sunday  ::) :-[  It's going to be a little awkward since the season's not over.

It's all good though, we rented out the indoor field for Monday but will get in our regular practices the rest of the week. The biggest challenge now is not over analyzing things and keeping the kids focused.

D

That will be weird...the Banquet before the season ends.

Good luck next week ! Is the schedule the exact same?....we wanted to catch your game and 5th grade d1 and 8th grade d3.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Game with little dudes in cold weather a few years ago:

Coach: Are you cold?
Kids: YES!
Coach: I said, Are you cold?
Coach (after long pause and disgusted look): I said, Are you cold?
Kids: NO!

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver

D

That will be weird...the Banquet before the season ends.

Good luck next week ! Is the schedule the exact same?....we wanted to catch your game and 5th grade d1 and 8th grade d3.

m - the schedule is the same, they just moved it over a weekend.  We play at 11am at Trailblazer.

ReplyQuote
DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver

Game with little dudes in cold weather a few years ago:

Coach: Are you cold?
Coach (after long pause and disgusted look): I said, Are you cold?
Kids: NO!

🙂

LOL

I had been telling the coaches to make sure to avoid talking about being cold and we had purchased all of the handwarmers, etc. that we could.  We sent parents out an about making sure that their players were properly equipped, etc. One of the coaches was planning on wearing shorts  ???

To be fair though, it's Colorado.  People should be able to handle the cold.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

🙂

LOL

I had been telling the coaches to make sure to avoid talking about being cold and we had purchased all of the handwarmers, etc. that we could.  We sent parents out an about making sure that their players were properly equipped, etc. One of the coaches was planning on wearing shorts  ???

To be fair though, it's Colorado.  People should be able to handle the cold.

D

You do realize it was warmer in Barrow Alaska than Denver Colorado yesterday.  ???

The last CB we played in ( 8 year olds) the weather was miserable and so were the kids.

The CB before that ( 12 year olds ) it was probably 60 degrees and at night. Way more fun.  🙂

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

80 degrees is not cold.

No, but 75 is chilly for sure. That was back when I lived in Jersey. It got pretty cold. Kansas was very cold and I lived in northern Germany and that was unreal.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

Interesting note on Huey's the other day about the cold weather - multiple posters talked about making sure the ball carriers didn't wear the hi-tech long sleeve shirts.  Too slippery, creates fumble issues.

I hadn't ever thought about that.  Kind of surprised UA hasn't come up with a shirt for football with rubber bands running through the arms for this reason.

ReplyQuote
DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver

D

You do realize it was warmer in Barrow Alaska than Denver Colorado yesterday.  ???

The last CB we played in ( 8 year olds) the weather was miserable and so were the kids.

The CB before that ( 12 year olds ) it was probably 60 degrees and at night. Way more fun.  🙂

I'm definitely glad that they moved it and hope that next weekend is a bunch warmer. My biggest issue at the moment is that I am SOOOOO stressed about this game and now I have another week to stress out.  I was also a little worried about a few of our players that have historically struggled in the cold.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

I'm definitely glad that they moved it and hope that next weekend is a bunch warmer. My biggest issue at the moment is that I am SOOOOO stressed about this game and now I have another week to stress out.  I was also a little worried about a few of our players that have historically struggled in the cold.

LOL  😀

Ya I can see that. Another week of stressing.

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

If it's wet extra socks change at 1/2

this Alvin

and congrats on making it to the SB

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
akpoole
(@akpoole)
Bronze
Topic starter  

this Alvin

and congrats on making it to the SB

Thanks Rob!! 🙂

God created five seasons:  Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and last but definitely not least . . . FOOTBALL!!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: