Notifications

COVID-19 Impact  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
June 14, 2020 11:26 am  

We can start conditioning 3 times per week for 2 hours per in groups of 25 or less beginning July 1st. This was unexpected. 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
June 15, 2020 11:32 am  
Posted by: @mahonz

We can start conditioning 3 times per week for 2 hours per in groups of 25 or less beginning July 1st. This was unexpected. 

I can fly to Denver for like $200 right now. When's a good time to visit ? I

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
June 15, 2020 8:53 pm  
Posted by: @bucksweep58

There is a massive Sport Complex not far from my house. Today they had an all day soccer camp.....little dudes this morning then they got bigger and older as they day wore on. This was very unexpected. 50 kids at any given time plus parents. 

Im heading to Wisconsin for a few weeks next month. Not sure when exactly....maybe not until August.....but you are welcomed anytime! We need to get Lar out of the house. He is hermiting. 😎 

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
June 16, 2020 12:25 pm  

We need to get Lar out of the house. He is hermiting. 😎 

I'm good.  My 3 hockey teams are starting back up this weekend.  A full team in ice hockey is 15 plus a goalie. League is telling us (them) that due to the restriction of 25 players, one team will dress 11 plus a goalie and the other will dress 12 plus a goalie. They will "play it by ear" when it comes to locker rooms, bench and penalty box.  

A full team in roller hockey is 8 plus a goalie. We (they) have a game Sunday, but the rink is still "working on the details" about locker rooms, bench, penalty boxes, etc. Oh, and spectators are not allowed. There is a debate right now about requiring masks while playing. Someone brought up CO2 build up being more dangerous than COVID-19. 

So if we shouldn't be sitting next to each other, how in the fark are we okay to play hockey?  I told them I'm out. One of my teammates asked, "You're not one of those guys that wears a mask everywhere like a bitch, are you?" Call me what you want. I don't care.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
June 16, 2020 5:52 pm  
Posted by: @gumby_in_co

We need to get Lar out of the house. He is hermiting. 😎 

So if we shouldn't be sitting next to each other, how in the fark are we okay to play hockey?  

I dont think anyone can responsibly answer that question. 

ReplyQuote
IMMIRU
(@immiru)
Copper
Head Coach
July 2, 2020 1:03 am  

TN Jr HS - Start practice on August 30 with the first game of the regular season three weeks later on September 18.  Typically our first game is around the 6th of August

ReplyQuote
C-Rob
(@tso1696)
Gold
July 11, 2020 9:00 am  

Started our pre-season conditioning this past Wednesday.  It has been interesting for sure with trying to social distance, coaches wearing masks, and constant application of hand sanitizer and spraying down shared equipment.  I honestly was surprised at the number of kids that showed up.  Keep in mind this is a 5/6th grade team and we had about 25 there.  I believe we are very close to closing sign-ups because we have so many kids.  It just boggles my mind that our numbers are so good considering what is happening.  2 possibly 3 of our League's 27 programs have already opted not to pariticipate this year.  I suspect there will be more in the coming weeks.  Our state, Kentucky, just declared a mandate that everyone must wear masks in public for the next 30 days in order to try and get in front of a spike we are seeing in numbers.  The governing body of Kentucky High School sports is saying that we will have some type of HS season they just don't quite know what it is going to look like.  They have also pushed back dates for the beginning of practice until early August.  With all of this said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it gets cancelled before we get to complete a season.  I worry about the pandemic, but I'm also worried that youth sports is going to take another hit with all of this.  I just don't see other things that can replace the great life lessons sports teaches, especially football.  

On-line Youth Football Coaching Clinicshttp://www.coaches-clinic.com/

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
July 11, 2020 9:10 am  

@tso1696 I'm with you, coach! I want all of my players to learn the lessons that I did. There's no way I'd be where I was today without it.

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
Coyote
(@coyote)
Bronze
3rd - 5th
Coordinator
July 12, 2020 4:46 pm  
Posted by: @tso1696

I just don't see other things that can replace the great life lessons sports teaches, especially football.  

With you all the way.  

Umm.... why does that 6 ft tall 9 yr old have a goatee...?

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
acsmith7062
(@acsmith7062)
Copper
Texas
3rd - 5th
Head Coach
July 14, 2020 12:39 am  

Surprisingly our registration numbers are up, 10% so far from last year.  It's the first time in several seasons that our overall participation numbers have gone up (teams and players).  People have really grown tired of their kids being cooped up.  But, we are at the mercy of the State and the UIL, which governs school sports in Texas.  If high school football plays, middle school plays, and that means youth football plays since we use their facilities for games.  It is completely out of our hands.  We are preparing to play and start as usual, but I am not as optimistic as I was a month ago.

-Chad

"You fail all the time, but you aren't a failure until you start blaming someone else."   O.A. "Bum" Phillips

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: