Notifications
Clear all

Helmet Sanitizing

Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold
Topic starter  

My kid's helmet was new last season, so it isn't necessarily ready for reconditioning.  However, due to sweat and sitting in storage since season end, it probably needs some serious cleaning.  What does everybody use to clean helmets that won't break down the cushion, etc... 

I was considering looking into the stuff that bowling alleys use on their shoes.  Thoughts?

patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

You might want to check in the local area for used sporting goods companies that have sanitizers. I think that the brand name is Sani Sport.  The local place here charges (I think) $20 for a walk-in. 

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

We use Clear gear every year

Clear Gear Sports Spray 24 Ounce Bottle - Disinfect, Clean and Deodorize Sports and Protective Gear and Eliminate the Funk https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMLJOLM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_BZ3zzbWG07PQD

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold
Topic starter  

Thanks guys!

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

We have tried many "Sanitizers" over the years.  Some, while they say are clear, turn yellow or gummy.  Last couple of seasons just a good old fashioned wash and dry with Mild Bleach Water.  Cant make it too strong or it will eat at the padding on the helmets!

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold
Topic starter  

Cant make it too strong or it will eat at the padding on the helmets!

That is my concern...

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I always put them in the dishwasher.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Share: