Notifications

New Year New Helmet: Riddell Speedflex Diamond with Precision Fit and Insite  

RSS

JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver
July 17, 2020 1:18 pm  

First let me say my son is pissed off about not being able to use his Vicis. He loves that thing. Took some wicked shots last season and never an issue with his head being hurt or "dinged". We got it recertified from the place Vicis sends it to prep for this season. Well we were informed that because Vicis is no longer in business they "may" not allow him to use it this season. Love bureaucracy.

So the process of searching the ratings and science began. Lots of opinions outthere. For us best helmet available is the Riddell SpeedFlex Diamond with precision fit and insight technology. It comes with a price take of $1500. ( If you don’t want the precision fit, but do want the Insite tech its $950) The process was cumbersome as you have to contact the local Riddell rep. That rep has to be trained on the handheld scanner. Then get you scanned. Then you wait and wait. We are still waiting. The rep never gets back to me (5 calls 4 texts). I am about ready to call the office and ask them why it is I am waiting 7 weeks when it was to be 4 weeks.

My son mentioned the visibility is greater than the Vicis and it is much lighter. About a ¾ of a lbs less fully loaded. The Insite tech is basically a hit sensor that broadcasts the force the helmet takes/took. It has a 300 ft range.
As the season progresses I will give you an update.

All of this because of a "MAYBE".

nothing replaces effort. nothing replaces the mind. One with out the other is a waste of time.

jtrent64 liked
JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver
July 23, 2020 9:09 pm  

UPDATE : "We can get you the helmet but not the Insite tech. We will see about getting you a refund maybe a credit". When can I get it "Oh I thing i can get it to  you by end of next week". Are you sure? " No but let me see what I can do".

you have been updated.

nothing replaces effort. nothing replaces the mind. One with out the other is a waste of time.

ReplyQuote
Share: