Notifications
Clear all

Uniforms

Page 2 / 2

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I cant tell you how many times we are chasing folks for gear 6 months after the season ended.  So I tend to agree with, If I am going to wash them I want them right now thinking!  I have laundered many a Jersey and Pants after turn in cause some people turn them in Filthy Dirty.

Yes, to all that.

We'd issue the game pants at the last practice of the week, and issue game jerseys when players showed up on game day.  It was time-consuming, but the commissioner has always insisted that it be done this way and it's never been a problem.  And unlike other HCs, our commissioner would allow me to keep my pants & jerseys in the off-season because he knew I would have them cleaned, mended and ready for the beginning of next year.  The other HCs were required to turn in their jerseys & pants as soon as they were cleaned.  This worked well for me because when my team was assembled the following season, I had all my gear ready to go, while other HCs were rooting around in a storage bin in August trying to find the right sizes and style for their age group, in addition to finding gear that was ruined and not repaired.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coach E
(@coache)
Gold

Coaches, I’m considering white jerseys and white pants for our uniforms this season, but I’m concerned about complaints from parents about keeping the white clean. Have any of you had good experiences with white uniforms (white pants in particular)? Thanks for your feedback.

I had our team switch to black pants because keeping white pants clean was almost an impossible task. Now, if we could run things like DP does, then I might consider a change. To me, white really does look sharp...when it's clean. But if you have parents in charge of the unis, keep the pants black.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.- Marcus Aurelius

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

The org has always had a longstanding policy that players are not allowed to take home their game jersey/game pants.  This is organization policy that all parents are informed of at the beginning of the season.  Has absolutely nothing to do with me.  I've never known a parent to have an issue with it.  Saves them the time, trouble and smell of having to deal with it themselves.  After a game, their jersey & pants can either be given to a coach, team mom or someone who's accepted the responsibility of laundering them.  Kids change into a pair of shorts while in their car.  There's also bathrooms, baseball dugouts, etc.  Heck, I've got a van if they want to change in the back of that.  Some kids would just wear shorts underneath their game pants.

--Dave

Not sure if that is the norm up there, but I have never seen or heard of that happening down here. I mean it could, but I have never seen it myself.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Not sure if that is the norm up there, but I have never seen or heard of that happening down here. I mean it could, but I have never seen it myself.

The commish didn't want kids "losing" game jerseys, which are pretty expensive.  He thought this was the best way to go about it.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Not sure if that is the norm up there

Doesn't really matter if it's the norm or not, does it?

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Spyder89
(@spyder89)
Bronze

The commish didn't want kids "losing" game jerseys, which are pretty expensive.  He thought this was the best way to go about it.

--Dave

I could see it being useful.  I should have done it this year.  We had kids show up without them and had one kid lose two.  The kid who lost two was on a scholarship from the county as well, so he couldn't even afford the first one.

- Ray

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Did someone say Norm???  😀

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Doesn't really matter if it's the norm or not, does it?

--Dave

Sure doesn't. I am just saying I have never seen it. I never said it wasn't a good idea.  😛

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I never said it wasn't a good idea.

Still, it was his idea, not mine. I just tried to make the best of it.  Our jerseys never disappeared.  Our pants always had the belts laced through them. (I'd make sure I'd laced them before issuing them.). They were always mended.  And they were always clean.  And we always knew where they were.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: