Notifications

Wrist Coaches  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond
August 13, 2017 4:00 pm  

Interesting.  Been doing it this way for 6 or 7 years, never a problem.  Hunh.

My wrist coaches are double plastic lined - Martin 1 and 3 pane coaches, made to be "water-proof", so maybe that's it.

ReplyQuote
jvcoach
(@jvcoach)
Bronze
August 13, 2017 4:23 pm  

Maybe I just had some really sweaty kids and/or lots of RAIN. 

Getting a lazer printer is another way to avoid running ink.

ReplyQuote
Prodigy
(@prodigy)
Platinum
August 13, 2017 4:41 pm  

Buy a hot laminating machine...highly useful if you're planning on coaching for more than a season and it will see use around the house also.  I got mine from staples...with a bunch of thick plastic for under $100.  Do NOT put anything in your wrist coaches unless its laminated...I ruined probably 10 wrist coaches in one practice by sticking plain inkjet printed crap into the clear pockets.

If you show up for a fair fight, you are unprepared.

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold
August 14, 2017 5:16 am  

Thanks guys!  Good stuff.  I do have a laminating machine.  I will definitely utilize it for these.

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold
August 14, 2017 5:18 am  

I had a coach tell me they have actual diagrams on the wrist coach. Does anybody else do that? We have just used plays and numbers to get plays called in.

I am using wrist coaches with triple pockets.  One will have the playcard.  One other will have the passing tree we will use for Hot routes.  The third... dunno.  Maybe add something from the defense.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
August 14, 2017 5:35 am  

Interesting.  Been doing it this way for 6 or 7 years, never a problem.  Hunh.

My wrist coaches are double plastic lined - Martin 1 and 3 pane coaches, made to be "water-proof", so maybe that's it.

Ive never cut them before laminating
Never had them come loose

Been doing it that way since 2002- with no issues
Laminator bought at Walmart

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
jvcoach
(@jvcoach)
Bronze
August 14, 2017 7:09 am  

I wish I had your luck.  I will admit that having to cut everything twice is a pain, but so is a kid letting you know on game day that they can't read their wrist coach. 

We had had a really wet, rainy, muddy practice one week and a few kids showed up on game day with cards that had gone bad.  Maybe they had gone through the wash.  I didn't think ask at the time. 

On that note, if you let kids be responsible for their wrist coaches I would have a few loaners for game day and extra cards.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
August 14, 2017 7:17 am  

Where do you guys get your wrist coaches? I really only need one with 1 pane.

ReplyQuote
jvcoach
(@jvcoach)
Bronze
August 14, 2017 7:41 am  

If you just need one, I would just pick one up at your local sporting goods store.

You can find lots of options online that are less expensive but shipping for just one probably won't make it worth your while.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
August 14, 2017 9:18 am  

If you just need one, I would just pick one up at your local sporting goods store.

You can find lots of options online that are less expensive but shipping for just one probably won't make it worth your while.

Just ordered 10 at $3.73 a piece, including shipping.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
August 14, 2017 9:37 am  

Any way you could print on polyester sheets instead of actual paper paper?  Or possibly nitrocellulose or cellulose acetate?

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond
August 14, 2017 10:06 am  

Where do you guys get your wrist coaches? I really only need one with 1 pane.

Epic Sports web site - they have the single pane Martin for under $3.  Have to pay shipping - cost me about $11 to ship 12 of the 3-pane that I ordered yesterday.

I wish I had your luck.  I will admit that having to cut everything twice is a pain, but so is a kid letting you know on game day that they can't read their wrist coach. 

We had had a really wet, rainy, muddy practice one week and a few kids showed up on game day with cards that had gone bad.  Maybe they had gone through the wash.  I didn't think ask at the time. 

On that note, if you let kids be responsible for their wrist coaches I would have a few loaners for game day and extra cards.

Ah - there's the issue.  I only use them for games, and I hand out before the game and collect after game.  I rarely re-use them game to game, so they don't have a chance to sit and soak.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
August 14, 2017 10:29 am  

I got mine from epic sports as well. Should be in Friday, just in time for the jamboree.

ReplyQuote
Coach Brad
(@coachbradfromcanada)
Bronze
August 14, 2017 2:59 pm  

Just bought 16 triple panes for just over $3 each. A lot of sites won't ship to Canada so I had to jump on these while I could, especially since shipping is about 2 weeks lead time.

ReplyQuote
Prodigy
(@prodigy)
Platinum
August 14, 2017 6:06 pm  

Just refreshed my inventory with the x100 3 pane deals...$120 for 20 of them.  Maybe more expensive than the other offerings but I know what I'm getting.

If you show up for a fair fight, you are unprepared.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: