Page 2 / 2
  RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 1, 2019 9:49 am  

in AYF we are forced to run two TEs (3 down linemen on each side of the center), and also cant pull anyone.

If you can't pull your backside, then I would release the backside and send them to 2nd Level.  I'd line up under Center in the I-Wing with an off-set Fullback, a Tailback and a Wing.  You'd never have to pitch the ball (which can be a time-sucker) and would be able to run Wedge (with no defenders in the A-gap), Power, Sweep and Counter.  I'd run 2 Wingback Counters: with the Fullback leading off-tackle and the Fullback leading through the A-Gap.  Also, Tight End reverses could be fun with the QB, FB and TB lead blocking for him.  I'd teach a Wedge block, a down block and a base (or part) block.

Can you be unbalanced?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 1, 2019 9:58 am  

If an under-Center glitch is never a fumble, but a Gun glitch is, then I'm never snapping the ball in Gun.  But I'm sure my opponents will.  Enjoy the turnover ratio.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Deano
(@deano)
Lurker
August 1, 2019 10:50 am  

For the coaches or the players?

--Dave

For the players. 

If an under-Center glitch is never a fumble, but a Gun glitch is, then I'm never snapping the ball in Gun.  But I'm sure my opponents will.  Enjoy the turnover ratio.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

As far as wedge, we can not run in the A gaps either. I know the rules are super limiting, but here we are, LOL. 

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 1, 2019 12:03 pm  

As far as wedge, we can not run in the A gaps either.

Oh good grief...then just forget everything I just said about I-Wing.....

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
August 1, 2019 1:23 pm  

With the edge you set with the off set line its harder to run outside on the right so I, being the dumbest coach on here, think that your outside runs will be to the left off of a reverse. Most coaches will set up a host of players on the outside waiting for a sweep. I run my sweeps to my "short side" of my line, but again I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed

Give yourself some credit, Wing-n-It, because that's a great idea. It's very similar to a Trojan sweep, just without the pulling. If he's allowed to use the end as runner, that could be a reverse with three lead blockers.

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold
August 3, 2019 12:45 am  

Hi all!

I have been playing with some beast plays for my 7U team.  Unfortunately, in AYF we are forced to run two TEs (3 down linemen on each side of the center), and also cant pull anyone.  The only good thing, is the D is forced to have 6 down linemen, head up with the O line (none over center). I still think the beast would work well though.  I have a blast play to the C gap on both sides, a sweep on both sides, counters, and also a back side TE pop where the most outside RB runs a post. I might even play with running it under center.  Do you think I missed anything?  The alignment would look like this:

TE T G C G T TE
                                              Q      B  B  B

We based out of a version of crunch similar to this that we call renegade two years ago with 8 & 9 y/o. It worked well for us. It was a little different for us. We had a wingback in his normal position and blocking backs over B and C gaps like this:

X  T  G  C  G  T  Y
                                                1    2  3  4

I'll try to get some film uploaded and post here tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 3, 2019 10:04 am  

For the players.

Hmmm...I wonder.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachParker
(@coachparker)
Bronze
Asst HC / DC / OC
August 6, 2019 8:54 pm  

All of the Beast plays can be run from an Even set with two TEs.  I've done it in the past works fine.  Here's is what I call my base 8.  I love the Beast Tank and Beast Wedge Wild Weasel combo for any team to use short yardage along with the backside TE pop pass or Popeye.

We have several Beast Sets.  Beast Tight, Beast Wide or Worm, and Beast Trips or Jumbo.  If I can run shotgun too then under center is called Ape and Beast is shotgun for the Beast back.  I like to run Worm and Jumbo out of shotgun if I can.  Dragon hangs around from my double wing spin days.

Beast Tight
TE T G C G T TE
          B  F H W

Beast Wide - Worm
TE T G C G T TE
          B          F H W

Beast Trips - Jumbo
TE T G C G T TE
                      F    H    W
            B

Jumbo - "Dragon"
    TE T G C G T              TE
H                    F      H
            B         

Let me know if you have any questions.  Beware of the Beast!

~ Parker

Coach Parker
CoachParker.org
Fort Worth , Texas

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: