Notifications
Clear all

Burst Series

CoachAJ-SC
(@coachaj-sc)
Copper
Topic starter  

For those of you running DCUBSW, do you install the Burst series right after the Sainted Six (plus 16 pass and 14 Blast), or do you install Spinner and/or Mouse before you install Burst? The Play Teaching Order table in the book (at the end of Chapter 13) has Burst after Spinner/Mouse, but the play diagrams in Chapter 14 have Burst BEFORE Mouse and Spinner. I'm just curious as to how you guys have approached it. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

C-Rob
(@tso1696)
Gold

For those of you running DCUBSW, do you install the Burst series right after the Sainted Six (plus 16 pass and 14 Blast), or do you install Spinner and/or Mouse before you install Burst? The Play Teaching Order table in the book (at the end of Chapter 13) has Burst after Spinner/Mouse, but the play diagrams in Chapter 14 have Burst BEFORE Mouse and Spinner. I'm just curious as to how you guys have approached it. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I wouldn't install Burst until right before your playoffs if at all.  It's nothing more than a key breaker.  I would get all of your off-tackle adjustments after the sainted six in and then install Mouse, but that is just me.  Also, I'm a believer of installing Mouse before Spinner because I believe it helps me with the Spinner install while having more options to hit the weak side. 

On-line Youth Football Coaching Clinicshttp://www.coaches-clinic.com/

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold

Probably not worth installing.  Very low chance of finding an opponent that is keying anyone on your defense.  You are essentially losing blockers for no reason.  If you think your BB is getting keyed, have a wrong call. If you think your 2Back is getting keyed, run a 16 power with a cross tag. 

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Probably not worth installing.  Very low chance of finding an opponent that is keying anyone on your defense.  You are essentially losing blockers for no reason.  If you think your BB is getting keyed, have a wrong call. If you think your 2Back is getting keyed, run a 16 power with a cross tag.

Exactly. For me there are easier key breakers that are just simple tags. I would rather go into some of the 303 stuff personally.

ReplyQuote
CoachAJ-SC
(@coachaj-sc)
Copper
Topic starter  

Thanks for feedback, Gentlemen!

ReplyQuote
Share: