rpatric
(@rpatric)
Bronze
Maryland
6th - 8th
Head Coach
October 27, 2020 8:51 am  

@beansko82

I actually really like that idea. 2 hands on the nose of the ball and flip it backwards. Should be easier to catch that way. In the past we taught our old center to release the ball when his arms hit his inner thighs. That worked for him and sent the ball at about thigh level to our 1 and 2 backs. Didn't help much for the 3 back snap. That one just took a lot of trial and error but ended up being more of a wrist flick with the left hand doing most of the directing

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 27, 2020 10:50 am  

If I were taking a Single Wing approach to that age group, I'd go under Center and run the Beast.  Still gives you every play in the arsenal.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
rpatric
(@rpatric)
Bronze
Maryland
6th - 8th
Head Coach
October 27, 2020 11:12 am  

@coachdp

I do have a plan if I were to go in that direction as well.

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
October 27, 2020 11:21 am  

Just to follow up on the Single Wing from under center, I've run almost 80% of the Vikings' plays from this set over past three games. We've run sweep, blast, iso, and counter (where we fake to the 3 and then have the QB spin back around and run through the off-tackle hole) pretty effectively. In fact, it worked so well that some of the 10U parents were barking at their coach to have me install this look for their team.

Coach Terry

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 27, 2020 11:40 am  
Posted by: @terrypjohnson

In fact, it worked so well that some of the 10U parents were barking at their coach to have me install this look for their team.

I'll bet that gave him a warm & fuzzy feeling about you, TPJ. 😉 

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: