Notifications
Clear all

First Year Cisar Single Wing Coaches

Page 17 / 19

HCScott
(@herb-scott)
Bronze

Special rules especially for the defense are non-sensical! Good coaches will kill defenses that cannot adjust.

That is why we dominated the Arena youth football leagues. We knew how the defense had to line up, the blitzer and DE.
We ran a lot of WAR formation and had coaches ranting and raving as we constantly pinched their DE's inside.

Some guys don't know how to attack a defense or attack different points on the field simultaneously but the coaches that come here DO and keep learning from each other constantly and informing one another of ways to win.

So the wannabes create a rule to try and defeat us and we simply use good football stratagem to make their situations worse.
LOL, what will they think of next ?

"The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard"

ReplyQuote
familyman56
(@familyman56)
Copper

Agree 100%

It's the QB's job to put the ball where it needs to be and not let go until it's taken from him.

Thank you for this - it was our problem all along, QB was letting go too early. Fixed it in the parking lot with my 1 and 4 backs - had 100+ yds with the 43 today including a TD and NO fumbles!

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

Special rules especially for the defense are non-sensical! Good coaches will kill defenses that cannot adjust.

That is why we dominated the Arena youth football leagues. We knew how the defense had to line up, the blitzer and DE.
We ran a lot of WAR formation and had coaches ranting and raving as we constantly pinched their DE's inside.

Some guys don't know how to attack a defense or attack different points on the field simultaneously but the coaches that come here DO and keep learning from each other constantly and informing one another of ways to win.

So the wannabes create a rule to try and defeat us and we simply use good football stratagem to make their situations worse.
LOL, what will they think of next ?

Do you think special adjustment are just simple adjustment that are simply not taught? In other words do most coaches  not know what they don't know?

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
familyman56
(@familyman56)
Copper

Could use some help. Installing Nasty/Tunnel Tags tonight for the first time.  We play against 4-4 exclusively.  I assume they will be able to bring the CB up to press on the WB in a Nasty alignment.  As a coach I'm allowed on the field and we have wristbands so I should  ??? be able to call the best play based on Def alignment.  My assumptions on what play call to make out of the Nasty alignment against a 4-4:

1.  Any time the CB presses, I should probably go 18 sweep because there will be no one outside of him.
2.  If the DE is head up or outside shoulder of our RE, Tunnel is a judgment call depending on who you want blocking the DE: RE or BB. Do I maybe let the RE make the Tunnel call?
3.  If the DE lines up in the slot or head up on the PT, I should probably call 18 sweep.
4.  When in Nasty I should just be running 16 power, 18 sweep, or 18 sweep pass.

Would appreciate any input to make sure I'm on the right track.  We've been moving the ball and scoring well out of the base - I just think its a good time to put some wrinkles in for the kids to keep their interest and make it fun.

ReplyQuote
C-Rob
(@tso1696)
Gold
Topic starter  

Could use some help. Installing Nasty/Tunnel Tags tonight for the first time.  We play against 4-4 exclusively.  I assume they will be able to bring the CB up to press on the WB in a Nasty alignment.  As a coach I'm allowed on the field and we have wristbands so I should  ??? be able to call the best play based on Def alignment.  My assumptions on what play call to make out of the Nasty alignment against a 4-4:

1.  Any time the CB presses, I should probably go 18 sweep because there will be no one outside of him.
2.  If the DE is head up or outside shoulder of our RE, Tunnel is a judgment call depending on who you want blocking the DE: RE or BB. Do I maybe let the RE make the Tunnel call?
3.  If the DE lines up in the slot or head up on the PT, I should probably call 18 sweep.
4.  When in Nasty I should just be running 16 power, 18 sweep, or 18 sweep pass.

Would appreciate any input to make sure I'm on the right track.  We've been moving the ball and scoring well out of the base - I just think its a good time to put some wrinkles in for the kids to keep their interest and make it fun.

Coach,

I would consider using Omaha instead and move the CB out. 

On-line Youth Football Coaching Clinicshttp://www.coaches-clinic.com/

ReplyQuote
familyman56
(@familyman56)
Copper

I like that idea, but our rules are that I have to keep 3 backs lined up between the tackles.  I could possibly accomplish something similar with the "split" tag?

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold

VS 44, wedge the piss out of them until they aren't 44 anymore.  Then go to work. 

ReplyQuote
C-Rob
(@tso1696)
Gold
Topic starter  

I like that idea, but our rules are that I have to keep 3 backs lined up between the tackles.  I could possibly accomplish something similar with the "split" tag?

Yes, that would work.

ReplyQuote
familyman56
(@familyman56)
Copper

Well, it's over. Three years coaching my son in youth football ended today - next year it's middle school and my fat butt will be in the bleachers. We completed an undefeated season today, winning 40-6. We scored 6 TDs, probably could have scored 8. We ran the sainted six all day, my favorite call/play was a 32 Wedge on 3rd & 12 and we converted. Implementing the DCUBSW was the best decision I ever made as a coach...I told our commissioner I'd come back next year just to run and implement Single Wing.

Thanks to all of you in this thread, your advice and patience with my questions resulted in yards, TDs, and wins!

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Well, it's over. Three years coaching my son in youth football ended today - next year it's middle school and my fat butt will be in the bleachers. We completed an undefeated season today, winning 40-6. We scored 6 TDs, probably could have scored 8. We ran the sainted six all day, my favorite call/play was a 32 Wedge on 3rd & 12 and we converted. Implementing the DCUBSW was the best decision I ever made as a coach...I told our commissioner I'd come back next year just to run and implement Single Wing.

Thanks to all of you in this thread, your advice and patience with my questions resulted in yards, TDs, and wins!

great job coach
Congrats to you and your boys

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
HCScott
(@herb-scott)
Bronze

Do you think special adjustment are just simple adjustment that are simply not taught? In other words do most coaches  not know what they don't know?

It depends on what type of special rule is implemented but I would say that if a certain defense is required then they cannot adjust making it simple for the offense to take advantage of the situation.

This week was a good example of the opposite type of game. Our opposition made adjustments on both defense and offense. We had to do likewise to counter the trouble it caused for us. After the game their coach and I talked for a bit about the personnel, alignment and responsibility changes made during the game by both teams and how it was a fun chess match.

To answer your question, IMO "you don't know what you don't know" but you can learn most of what you don't know here!

"The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard"

ReplyQuote
2labs
(@2labs)
Copper

Guys, we are going against the first place team that runs basically a 5-4 with no safety or a 6-3 with no safety with the backers blitzing every time making it these type of defenses. They will also load up the box. The corners are pulled up tight on the LOS. These kids are twice our size and twice as fast as us. What do you suggest running against a defense like this?  Like I said, we are way overmatched, but I think we can take them with the correct play calling and I don't have 8 kids get hurt like last time. Also, my minimum play players are at LE and LG and shouldn't be on a C-team let alone the A-team, but that's the way the numbers worked out this year.

B    B      B      B
C      E  T  B  T    E        C
            OOOOOOO

B      B      B
C      E  T B B  T  E          C
            OOOOOOO

B
C      E  T B T BBTE        C
          OOOOOOO

ReplyQuote
C-Rob
(@tso1696)
Gold
Topic starter  

B    B      B      B
            OOOOOOO

16 Power
22 ISO
16 Pass if Backers are flowing hard to 16 Power

B      B      B
C      E  T B B  T  E          C
            OOOOOOO

16 Power
24 ISO
16 Pass (See Above)

B    B      B      B
            OOOOOOO

16 Power
22 ISO
16 Pass (See Above)

ReplyQuote
2labs
(@2labs)
Copper

Guys, how many of you have failed your first year?  We just never could get anything going and ended the season 2-9.  I am still pretty discouraged and probably won't get the coaching job next year.

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold

Guys, how many of you have failed your first year?  We just never could get anything going and ended the season 2-9.  I am still pretty discouraged and probably won't get the coaching job next year.

That's part of the deal if you took the job without any real coaching expierence or training. Now its about what your gonna do about it .Maybe you need to hop on another staff and learn i don't know but you being here is a start bro hang in there.

Head Coach Tito Correa New Britain Raiders 14-U

ReplyQuote
Page 17 / 19
Share: