Notifications

Going back to SW  

RSS

Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
June 21, 2019 4:03 am  

I'm still waiting for all the paperwork to come back to make my hiring official, so I still haven't met my team or started off- season conditioning. Hopefully, some time next week. This last week, along with trying to get my defensive scheme figured out, I've been looking at offense as well. I had been contemplating running under center a half wishbone, but as I looked at the stats and what I have to work with, I no longer think that would be the best option. I have a kid coming back, a junior, who ran pretty well last season. However, I have no QB. Last year's QB graduated, and from what I could tell, passing was not a high priority for this team anyway. They only threw 16 passes the entire season with 3 completions, 2 of which were to the other team. Enter the SW. So, I've been poring over my SW stuff and reaching out to other 8-man coaches.

Right now, base plays are the usual power, sweep, counter, blast, and dive. I'll also put in a spin series and beast to start the season.

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
June 21, 2019 5:34 am  

Can't go wrong there.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
June 21, 2019 8:54 am  

Most of the folks I see running * Man teams are indeed Single Wing.  If you throw <10 times a game, I go back to the belief a 5 yard pass with 20 yards of RAC is Perfect!  🙂  Good Luck

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
vikingdw
(@vikingdw)
Copper
June 23, 2019 5:23 pm  

Congrats Coach. Check out Eric Burt's 8 man SW stuff if you haven't already. Have a great season!

ReplyQuote
Share: