Notifications

Omaha wheel pass  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze
October 27, 2020 3:47 pm  

Hi everyone, it's been a while but I was wondering if anyone remembers seeing Omaha Wheel pass with a nasty tag. It was a play I seen from a single wing coach but cant seem to find it. Any help would be great. We are running Dave C. UBSW. Looking for a few pass plays to add. We have 18 sweep pass, 16 pass, 43 reverse pass with different tags. Looking to add 1 more and I remember seeing the play I'm asking about. 

Team work: good as gold

32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
October 27, 2020 4:58 pm  

I have a similar pass play, but I motion my 2 back out of the backfield (GO motion) instead of lining him up out there.  I also have a GOGO series where the 2 back stops and motions back behind the QB for a Half Spin split flow series.  We can flip the QB/TB around in the backfield to motion out and back to the short side also.

ReplyQuote
WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze
October 27, 2020 5:42 pm  
Posted by: @32wedge

https://football.dumcoach.com/community/single-wing-football/does-anyone-run-this-style-of-single-wing/paged/2/#post-262324

This is it but out of war. I think I like this better but my question is do you run other things out of WAR so its  not a tip off? We run no huddle so they might not even catch it. Thank you coach

ReplyQuote
WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze
October 27, 2020 5:50 pm  

I have a similar pass play, but I motion my 2 back out of the backfield (GO motion) instead of lining him up out there.  I also have a GOGO series where the 2 back stops and motions back behind the QB for a Half Spin split flow series.  We can flip the QB/TB around in the backfield to motion out and back to the short side also.

I like that. Do you have any draw ups of that? Similar to mouse but with the 2 back ok. 

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
October 27, 2020 5:50 pm  

@rstockwell

I haven't ran Dave Cisar's system in a long time and I only used war formation a few times.  I always try to run multiple plays out of any formation I use and I always use complete series of offense. 

If I was going to run that pass play from war, I would have at least a sweep, a counter and either a trap or blast up the middle from that same formation.

This post was modified 1 month ago by 32wedge

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
October 27, 2020 6:08 pm  

@rstockwell

There are a couple of those plays starting at about 12:28 on this video:

I sent you a message with a link to some drawings.  Let me know if I can help with anything.  Good luck!

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by 32wedge

ReplyQuote
WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze
October 28, 2020 6:36 am  

@32wedge thanks for the help coach. I like the film. You guys run a bunch of different series. I'm coaching 10U this season the team I took over was horrible. We are 5-1 now and they are learning how to win. Will be running Dave's Jet series and mouse starting next week. We have it in but we are practicing getting better at it before we roll it out.

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
October 28, 2020 7:33 am  

@rstockwell

Sounds like you are doing a great job.  

We run a few different series but it is all Half Spin.  The QB footwork is easy and the same for each series.  We are just using 2 different players, wingback and tailback, to get to the mesh point behind the QB from wherever they line up at.  It is extremely quick and simple to install and works great. 

Full Spin, Buck Lateral and Jet are all beautiful when run well.  They also require exponentially more time to perfect and do not work any better than a well run Half Spin.  Also, handing the ball off while full spinning or handing from my 2 back to the 3 back as he is planting his feet to lateral the ball out wide to a 1 back running full speed are both much more turnover prone than anything I do.

I think the bang for the buck you get is greater with Half Spin than any Single Wing Series.  We ran more jet until about 4 years ago when I started running different Half Spins and Power Series only.  We have ran Full Spin, Buck Lateral, Jet, Burst and Tee Series in the past.  If I thought the practice time required to install those series was worth the return, I would still be running them.  I still have to save practice time to teach my players how to get to the ball and make tackles. 

This post was modified 1 month ago by 32wedge

ReplyQuote
Beansko82
(@beansko82)
Bronze
October 28, 2020 2:21 pm  

We run a few different series but it is all Half Spin.  The QB footwork is easy and the same for each series.  We are just using 2 different players, wingback and tailback, to get to the mesh point behind the QB from wherever they line up at.  It is extremely quick and simple to install and works great. 

So if I understand you run two different half-spin series to the same player?  Do you run one to weak side and one to the strong side?

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
October 28, 2020 3:11 pm  

32Wedge, have you tried any half spin where your T back is the half spinner?

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
October 28, 2020 3:42 pm  
Posted by: @beansko82

So if I understand you run two different half-spin series to the same player?  Do you run one to weak side and one to the strong side?

I have three different series where the QB meshes with the TB and one series where the WB goes behind and  meshes with the QB.  Which side we run to depends on where the TB or WB lines up at.  We run all to strong and weak sides.

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
October 28, 2020 3:45 pm  
Posted by: @bob-goodman

32Wedge, have you tried any half spin where your T back is the half spinner?

I have a long time ago but do not like that.  What I do now is flip the alignment of my QB and TB.  The QB is always the spinner but sometimes he is on the weak side behind center and sometimes he is on the strong side.  Sometimes the TB is lined up at slot on either side and has to motion to get to the mesh point at the snap.

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
October 28, 2020 3:47 pm  

This will explain everything:

Beansko82 liked
ReplyQuote
Xgozout
(@xgozout)
Lurker
November 6, 2020 9:09 pm  
Posted by: @rstockwell

Hi everyone, it's been a while but I was wondering if anyone remembers seeing Omaha Wheel pass with a nasty tag. It was a play I seen from a single wing coach but cant seem to find it. Any help would be great. We are running Dave C. UBSW. Looking for a few pass plays to add. We have 18 sweep pass, 16 pass, 43 reverse pass with different tags. Looking to add 1 more and I remember seeing the play I'm asking about. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: