Notifications

Play call suggestion  

RSS

michealmyers
(@michealmyers)
Bronze
October 24, 2018 11:06 am  

Facing this D.  The linebackers are as good as they come, they shed and just can't be stopped.  I've been pulling the RG on 16 Power but just not having any luck.  My RG is a big nasty lineman, I've considered moving him to PT so he'll be right at the point of attack and to help with either of the outside linebackers, they're the one's I'm mainly worried about because they are the one's making the plays. 

Haven't tried nasty split, but I think that might be another way to widen him out and put him in conflict.  The problem with that is I'll have an average TE going up against a complete stud linebacker. 

E        X        N      X      E

L                          L                    L              C
      C
                                                      S                       

32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
October 25, 2018 3:25 am  

You are overthinking.  The defensive alignment shown looks like a vanilla 5-3/cover 3.  If you can't run on that defense, turn in your single wing decoder ring now.  The problem is you don't trust your blockers to block the other guys.  No new plays will fix that.  You need to spend your time teaching hat placement, footwork and maintaining those blocks.

Run power.  If the end is coming up field for a clean kick out, then keep running power.  I don't care how great the linebackers are, if you can block the X tackle down, kick the end, seal the middle backer with the wing, lead through with the FB and G, there are too many bodies at the point of attack for one 11 year old superman to completely shut you down.  Run right at him.

If that end is squeezing, block down on him with the wing and run sweep.

If there is a bubble at the strong side B or C gap, run Blast at the bubble.  Part the waters and lead through with the wing, blocking back and fullback.

With those corners outside and a deep safety, there's only 8 left in the box.  I get 11 within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage almost every game. 

Work on maintaining your blocks and run it down their throat.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
October 25, 2018 4:02 am  

Have to agree anything between the tackles. Draw them in then go out.   

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
michealmyers
(@michealmyers)
Bronze
October 25, 2018 5:28 am  

You are overthinking.  The defensive alignment shown looks like a vanilla 5-3/cover 3.  If you can't run on that defense, turn in your single wing decoder ring now.  The problem is you don't trust your blockers to block the other guys.  No new plays will fix that.  You need to spend your time teaching hat placement, footwork and maintaining those blocks.

Run power.  If the end is coming up field for a clean kick out, then keep running power.  I don't care how great the linebackers are, if you can block the X tackle down, kick the end, seal the middle backer with the wing, lead through with the FB and G, there are too many bodies at the point of attack for one 11 year old superman to completely shut you down.  Run right at him.

If that end is squeezing, block down on him with the wing and run sweep.

If there is a bubble at the strong side B or C gap, run Blast at the bubble.  Part the waters and lead through with the wing, blocking back and fullback.

With those corners outside and a deep safety, there's only 8 left in the box.  I get 11 within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage almost every game. 

Work on maintaining your blocks and run it down their throat.

Your right.  When I look at video their left end is line up on the outside edge of my TE, so my tight end blocks out for some reason and then the LB is free right there to make a play.  My FB is seen coming to the 6 hole, but instead of going straight for the block he kinda freezes and the stud LB is free to make the play.  Middle linebacker is not being picked up either.  I'm running GOL, so there was nobody inside or on my TE so he's supposed to go straight to a LB to cut off pursuit.  I'll just have to rep this over and over in practice running 16 and then all the other plays will fall in line.

ReplyQuote
dbayer66
(@dbayer66)
Copper
November 30, 2019 3:26 am  

full spin trap to both the strong and weak sides.  gets an extra lineman up to the LB who may overrun the play anyway due to the influence by the BB

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
December 1, 2019 6:35 pm  

I agree with everything that's been said above.

The only thing that I would mix in is to run the Trojan Sweep when the ends / OLB's crash hard. This also stops them from moving an extra defender to the strong side (which is something I see often against my balanced Single Wing).

ReplyQuote
Share: