Page 3 / 3
  RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 11, 2019 7:03 pm  

I just want to have as many players at the point of attack and the misdirection functioning.

I think the Double Wing is the best power/misdirection offense out there.  However, if you're undecided, you can't go wrong with Cisar's Single Wing materials.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Riverside Knights 252
(@riverside-knights-252)
Copper
July 11, 2019 7:30 pm  

Thats whats taking me so long to respond.. I'm studying his material now.... I finally have an understanding of wedge blocking..Thank you Lord!!!

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
July 11, 2019 8:17 pm  

I really want to be a good youth football coach.. Its so many offenses out here I have been studying, but the single wing and the Fat formation is really pulling at me.. I just want to have as many players at the point of attack and the misdirection functioning..

The fact that you're working so hard to learn more tells me that you are!

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
Riverside Knights 252
(@riverside-knights-252)
Copper
July 11, 2019 8:42 pm  

The fact that you're working so hard to learn more tells me that you are!

Thank you coach!... Maybe you can give me some pointers on the killer b defense, because that's next on my list. ..lol

ReplyQuote
Riverside Knights 252
(@riverside-knights-252)
Copper
July 11, 2019 8:52 pm  

Can you guys check this out?? It says single wing, but i promise this looks like the fat formation..It looks like one player is directly behind the center, instead of them splitting..

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
July 12, 2019 4:57 am  

Can you guys check this out?? It says single wing, but i promise this looks like the fat formation..It looks like one player is directly behind the center, instead of them splitting..

br>

Just watching the first couple of minutes or so, it appeared to be base SW to me. Yeah, there was a FH and jet package, but for the most part it was base SW.

Keep in mind that there are different versions of SW. Some have the TB and FB fairly close together. Ken Keuffel's backs are further apart and lined different than Cisar's. Apopka's SW under Rick Darlington had the backs closer together. 

There are some decent youtube videos of the older SW. Check out Keuffel's. There are some Apopka vids. Also check out  Denison SW under Coach Piper.

ReplyQuote
Riverside Knights 252
(@riverside-knights-252)
Copper
July 12, 2019 6:43 am  

Just watching the first couple of minutes or so, it appeared to be base SW to me. Yeah, there was a FH and jet package, but for the most part it was base SW.

Keep in mind that there are different versions of SW. Some have the TB and FB fairly close together. Ken Keuffel's backs are further apart and lined different than Cisar's. Apopka's SW under Rick Darlington had the backs closer together. 

There are some decent youtube videos of the older SW. Check out Keuffel's. There are some Apopka vids. Also check out  Denison SW under Coach Piper.

Ken Keuffel's seems to have the RB directly behind the center correct?

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
July 12, 2019 8:54 am  

br>

That clip ran a lot of different looks. From what I watched, I saw several different Single Wing variations, including the Beast, a one back set, and what looked like a Power I from the pistol.

You'd mentioned in an earlier thread that teams don't always shift when you go unbalanced. If that's the case, you might be interested in something Coach Cox posted previously. I plan to mix this in with my 8u kids (just to add another wrinkle), but I'll have my QB in the shotgun. The good news is that he explains how to block it when the defense does adjust and when it does not adjust.

I hope this is helpful!

Coach Terry

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
July 12, 2019 11:12 am  

Ken Keuffel's seems to have the RB directly behind the center correct?

In Ken's book, he states that the TB will line up in one of three positions.
Far: behind the #3 lineman which is the WSG.
Near: behind the center
Close: Left foot on the ball

These are based on the play being run. The FB is one yard from the TB.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
July 12, 2019 11:15 am  

I would say tackling is by far the most important part of defense  😛

Nah, getting close enough to tackle is the most important.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
July 12, 2019 12:29 pm  

Thats whats taking me so long to respond.. I'm studying his material now.... I finally have an understanding of wedge blocking..Thank you Lord!!!

Film all of your wedge reps and post them here via Youtube or whatever. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with wedge and most of these guys have a way to fix them.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 12, 2019 12:40 pm  

Film all of your wedge reps and post them here via Youtube or whatever. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with wedge and most of these guys have a way to fix them.

The best play in football.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: