Notifications

Single Wing Success  

RSS

DerbyDad4Hire
(@derbydad4hire)
Copper
December 2, 2018 5:06 pm  

In 2011 I got forced into coaching a team mid season. It was a 10 year old team that got utterly destroyed. A quick and hard lesson that no matter how much i could play the game it did not help trying to coach a group of 10 year olds.  After the season I was determined to NEVER go through that experience again.  I did research and found Dave Cisar's system and ordered it.  It seemed strange to me but I committed to using it as I got invited to be a head coach the next season.  I got major kick back from the Dad's that helped me but I stuck with it.  I had no idea the level of success we would have.  Here is a list of each season...

2012- 11 year olds...Went 7-0 in the regular season and lost in the first round of playoffs.  Attended a postseason tournament and destroyed the competition winning the tournament.  (9-1)
2013- 12 year olds... Went 9-2 winning a Ute Conference Championship (9-2)  Our B team also won the Championship.
2014- 13 year olds... Went 9-3 winning a Ute Conference Championship  (9-3)
2015- 14 year olds... Went 11-0 Winning a Ute Conference Championship  (11-0)
2016- 13 Year olds (took over a team that had only won 1 game in 2 years)... Went 6-4 losing in the first round of the playoffs  (6-4)
2017- 10 Year olds (took over a team that only won 1 game the year before)... Went 6-4 losing in the first round of the playoffs.  Attended a post season tournament and won the tournament.  (8-4)
2018- 8 year olds... Went 7-4 winning a Ute Conference Championship  (7-4)

7 years making the playoffs every year.
4 Championships  (5 counting the B team that worked with us and ran the same system)
2 Post season tournament Championships

A total record of 59-18

It wasn't just learning plays.  The material was top notch in educating how to be a successful coach regardless of the system.  We built a culture that literally changed the kids.  It has been amazing. The system works at every age level for youth football against top level competition.  I highly recommend it.

www.derbydad4hire.com

davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
December 6, 2018 9:46 am  

Well done coach
All the credit to you and your players
Ute conference
Really good football
Huge league
Lots of great coaching there

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
Share: