Notifications
Clear all

UBSW Playcall Sheet

coachbrooks822
(@coachbrooks822)
Lurker
Topic starter  

Good Afternoon Coaches,

Im just getting back into coaching after a 4 year hiatus, and a friend of mine wants me to help him with his 10U team this coming season. I would like to install Dave Cizar’s SW, I’m looking for possibly a sample play sheet similar to that offense that I can use or modify if possible. Or guide me in the right direction.

Thank You in Advance..

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Dave Cisar's material doesn't seem to be for sale anymore, but there are plenty of SW coaches who use his system.  I'm sure a play sheet of the Sainted Six would be readily available.  Good luck with your search.

--Dave 

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Posted by: @coachdp

Dave Cisar's material doesn't seem to be for sale anymore,

I wonder why.  Maybe he didn't feel right about selling it if he couldn't keep up customer support, and he has other things to do now.  Maybe he can come on here to tell why, and what he's doing these days.

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze

@bob-goodman People tagged him in the Single Wing Group on Facebook, and I don't think he's responded.

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Interesting. Dave has dropped off the face of the Earth. Its been a number of years. 

His webiste is still fully functional and taking orders. 

Every year on the SW FB Site there are always more than one Coach trying to hunt him down because they paid for something and got nada. It seems things DO NOT get resolved. 

This has never been Dave's style. His track record was stellar for at least a dozen years. Something has changed now so DO NOT buy anything on his Site. I would call him until he answers. His number is on his website. If its no good....move on.

My take. Odd deal. 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze

I've picked up a lot of great Single Wing stuff from @32wedge ... especially the wrist coaches (which I'm going to bug the art teachers to make for me this year).

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator

Posted by: @coachbrooks822

Good Afternoon Coaches,

Im just getting back into coaching after a 4 year hiatus, and a friend of mine wants me to help him with his 10U team this coming season. I would like to install Dave Cizar’s SW, I’m looking for possibly a sample play sheet similar to that offense that I can use or modify if possible. Or guide me in the right direction.

Thank You in Advance..

I am not Dave Cisar but I have a youth based Single Wing system that has always worked for me and I am available to help anyone who is interested in it.   If you have questions about it or Dave's system, I am happy to help. 

ReplyQuote
coachbrooks822
(@coachbrooks822)
Lurker
Topic starter  

@mahonz

I wish I would of seen this before I made a purchase from his site 😞

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Posted by: @coachbrooks822

@mahonz

I wish I would of seen this before I made a purchase from his site 😞

Keep us posted on the service. This really is very unlike Dave. Years of perfect service. Something must have happened. Still.....if you cant deliver on time you stop taking orders. Hopefully you get your items on time. 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Just take up Nathan on his offer and you'll be fine.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
rpatric
(@rpatric)
Bronze

Coach Nathan has got you covered. Never look a gift horse in the mouth. His system is great!

ReplyQuote
Cb33
 Cb33
(@cb33)
Lurker

@32wedge I def have interest as I am coaching the ubsw for a 10u group.  Need to set up the wrist coaches and was wondering if u had something for that or anyone did.   Running most plays w Cisars language and base.   Any help or ideas would be awesome. Thanks

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator

@cb33

I have done wrist coaches a couple of ways.  I use the Open Office Spreadsheet at home and Excel at work.  

One way is using 3 colored columns numbered 0-9 that Dave Cisar uses.  Example attached.

Also you number the plays using only digits 0-5.  With this method, I can signal in plays by holding up fingers (right hand is first digit of play number and left hand is second digit).  Players read my hands left to right from their vantage point.  I think this way is simpler for the kids.

If I want go hurry up or no huddle, I just call out two numbers out loud and the team ignores the number that is not on the wrist coach.  Ex. 68,23-there is no 68 so we run 23.  Or 31, 73- no 73 so the play is 31.  If neither number is on the wrist coach, run the same play again. Ex. 62,99.

This post was modified 1 month ago by 32wedge

Cb33 liked
ReplyQuote
lucedalelee05
(@lucedalelee05)
Lurker

@coachbrooks822

I fell victim to this as well. Paid for the ultra package and haven’t received anything. It’s been 2 years ago and left several emails and voicemails and still nothing. People swear by his system but pass on trying to buy it from his site. Very disappointing 

ReplyQuote
Share: