Clear all

UBSW Triple Option Install

Page 2 / 2

Troy
 Troy
(@troy)
Bronze
Topic starter  

About 20 reps tonight vs D. That gets us to about 205 so far. Not enough. Need at least 500 at bare min. My goal is to run it 5 times against BT. It's situational, though. We'll see.

The longer I coach, the lesser I know.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

You're playing in my backyard. Will do my best to swing by. Parking is a nightmare.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

Troy liked
ReplyQuote
Coyote
(@coyote)
Bronze

Posted by: @troy

need at least 500 at bare min. My goal is to run it 5 times against BT. It's situational, though. We'll see.

Just 5 times?   Is this because you're easing the option in?    Seems like a heavy investment for a situational, 5x a game play.  With this investment of time and effort, this will become your bread & butter right?   Maybe I've misunderstood. 

BTW: I love the option, coached against a lot of optioning teams, and even got to run it one season, fun stuff.  

Umm.... why does that 6 ft tall 9 yr old have a goatee...?

ReplyQuote
Troy
 Troy
(@troy)
Bronze
Topic starter  

@coyote trying to ease it in and build confidence methodically. Don't want it to fail and have the kids lose confidence in it. The goal is to have it as a core play next season. My first try at veer, btw so I am being careful.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

As a former option guy, if you are reading the triple the dive key shows 2 number is a pitch response, 1 number is a give response. 

You have so much going on in your play you have more freedom obviously.  Just some honest feedback. 

You can make this even more difficult by "riding" the dive to the key, if you get that down your practically unstoppable.

Good luck!

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

Troy liked
ReplyQuote
Troy
 Troy
(@troy)
Bronze
Topic starter  

@bucksweep58 Not sure I follow your observation. More detail, please.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

@bucksweep58 Not sure I follow your observation. More detail, please.

Your quarterback gave the ball for the dive. 

If the 1st key or dive read shows both his jersey numbers to the qb, the qb should keep and read the next key. If the defender only shows 1 number or none that means he's playing QB to pitch and the dive should be given. 

Your video was a give while it worked, the correct coaching would be to keep and move on to the next option. 

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Troy
 Troy
(@troy)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Gotcha. I appreciate that coaching point a great deal. Our interim approach is to give dive unless key attacks dive. Not sure if it being outside veer changes from the inside veer read, but we want to start thinking dive first for now until we get the mechanics down.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: