Notifications

DumCoach Youth Sports  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
November 21, 2019 5:20 am  

Listening to him now on the podcast The Talent Equation.

Linky?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
ThunderFootball
(@thunderfootball)
Bronze
November 21, 2019 7:15 am  

https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-talent-equation-podcast

I just go to my phones podcast app and typed in talent equation. 

ReplyQuote
Coach Brad
(@coachbradfromcanada)
Bronze
November 21, 2019 9:00 am  

If we're talking podcasts, "Run The Power" is a good one too.

ReplyQuote
mpwcoachsmith
(@mpwcoachsmith)
Bronze
November 21, 2019 9:15 am  

I definitely think lacrosse

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
November 21, 2019 8:21 pm  

LAX is on the rise big time as well as ....Pickleball?

My town has one of the most aggressive and reliable Parks and Rec programs in the area. They just built 8 Pickleball Courts and created a youth and adult league.

https://www.usapa.org/what-is-pickleball/

Not sure it needs a Forum but I'd have to say Dumcoach Pickleball would be the one and the only.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold
November 22, 2019 12:37 am  

Probably not enough interest, but one sport that translates directly to football is wrestling.  It teaches body control, leverage, proper hip movement, aggression, and sheer will.  You want your kid to get good at football?  Get him into wrestling.  A good double leg takedown is the safest football tackle there is.

ReplyQuote
bdjackson
(@bdjackson)
Bronze
November 22, 2019 4:36 am  

Probably not enough interest, but one sport that translates directly to football is wrestling.  It teaches body control, leverage, proper hip movement, aggression, and sheer will.  You want your kid to get good at football?  Get him into wrestling.  A good double leg takedown is the safest football tackle there is.

There has never been a truer statement made. The gains my son made from wrestling were instrumental in the football player he has been over the last two years. And the reason he is one of our best tacklers.

Brian

Being Capable, first begins with being Confident.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
November 22, 2019 5:33 pm  

The immediate area where I am now, wrestling is a big deal.  Lacrosse, soccer, and softball are fairly big too.

Hard to figure the trends.  A few years ago roller hockey was booming.  Now it seems to be languishing.

I'd like to organize youth tackle rugby around here.  There's a very successful youth flag or touch rugby regional organization for some time, don't know why not tackle.  If they want to hold off until later years for the more dangerous parts of the game, they should allow tackling and rucking but not set scrummages.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: