Page 2 / 2
  RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
January 26, 2020 2:25 pm  

So now it appears the post count is gone, my kryptonite level is gone, but everyone knows I'm from North Carolina.  That's fine.  I don't suppose that any of that really matters.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
January 27, 2020 9:27 am  

So coaches don't have to put their actual location correct? I know a lot of coaches who don't feel comfortable putting that info out there mostly due to nearby teams trying to get an upper hand.

I just don't think location matters as much as how many posts someone has. The higher the post it seems the more helpful to a newbie they have been.

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
January 27, 2020 10:29 am  
Posted by: @robert

I just don't think location matters as much as how many posts someone has. The higher the post it seems the more helpful to a newbie they have been.

I like the location-thing.  It's helpful for get-togethers.  But I'm assuming you don't have to post it, if you don't want it known.  As for post count, I think I had more posts than anyone but Mahonz and I was accused of running off newbies.   Regardless, if this having to log-in every single time to access the forum doesn't get fixed, then I'm not long for this place.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
January 27, 2020 10:55 am  
Posted by: @coachdp

I like the location-thing.  It's helpful for get-togethers.  But I'm assuming you don't have to post it, if you don't want it known.  As for post count, I think I had more posts than anyone but Mahonz and I was accused of running off newbies.   Regardless, if this having to log-in every single time to access the forum doesn't get fixed, then I'm not long for this place.

--Dave

If you check the remember me box at log in it seems to keep you logged on for a few days or so but not forever. I saw your email....but dont have an answer yet. Sometimes I have to log in. 

This post was modified 4 months ago by mahonz

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
January 27, 2020 11:30 am  

So coaches don't have to put their actual location correct? I know a lot of coaches who don't feel comfortable putting that info out there mostly due to nearby teams trying to get an upper hand.

Location (not where you're from) might be helpful to others for a few purposes: whether it'd be easy to meet you, who your opponents might be, or whether you're experiencing the same weather.  But the info is optional, all fields may be left blank as far as I know.

How many posts?  I guess you're thinking someone with a lot of posts might be more likely to answer questions, but you'd have to divide by time to get frequency.  Experience coaching would be more interesting to me, but difficult to quantify.

I too have to log on more frequently here than the old site, but my browser's handling of cookies auto-fills the fields as soon as the screen comes up, so I can log on with one click.  But it's not a shared terminal.

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by Bob Goodman

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
January 27, 2020 11:31 am  

Yeah, that would be my biggest issue is the logging back in. Sometimes I just dont realize I'm not logged in till I try to post.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
January 27, 2020 3:12 pm  
Posted by: @mahonz
If you check the remember me box at log in it seems to keep you logged on for a few days or so but not forever. I saw your email....but dont have an answer yet. Sometimes I have to log in. 

I check(ed) the box, but it doesn't seem to matter.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
January 27, 2020 3:16 pm  

The bigger pain is losing the ability to edit your own posts.  I go back to add, delete or correct and that opportunity has expired.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Mosley the Cat
(@mosleythecat)
Silver Admin
Maryland
January 27, 2020 4:55 pm  

As I soon as I can find that darn magic wand of mine, I will wave it and make all of you happy. I'm beginning to think it might be stuck up the a** of one of you guys.

I'll see what I can do.

Don't cross my path.

jrk5150 and MHcoach liked
ReplyQuote
Mosley the Cat
(@mosleythecat)
Silver Admin
Maryland
January 27, 2020 5:53 pm  
Posted by: @mosleythecat

I'll see what I can do.

So, here is what I did:

• Found a plug-in that should keep you logged in until you log out.
  • Removed the time to edit and delete. It is now the Wild West.
  • Made Location, Position and Age Level free text. Please spell and capitalize correctly. You will have to fill them in again.
  • Titles, Post Count, Location, Position, Age Level all show up in the left bar.
  • Offensive & Defensive System, plus all the above, will show up on your Profile.

Don't cross my path.

MHcoach and mahonz liked
ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
January 27, 2020 6:21 pm  

As I soon as I can find that darn magic wand of mine, I will wave it and make all of you happy. I'm beginning to think it might be stuck up the a** of one of you guys.

I'll see what I can do.

I think you were right, the first time....

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
January 28, 2020 8:26 am  

I'll see what I can do.

Have I told you lately how much we like you 🙂

ReplyQuote
Mosley the Cat
(@mosleythecat)
Silver Admin
Maryland
February 6, 2020 3:27 pm  

Looks like my changes got overwritten in the latest software update, just like they told me they would. I will work on getting it back if I can remember how I did it.

Don't cross my path.

ReplyQuote
Mosley the Cat
(@mosleythecat)
Silver Admin
Maryland
February 19, 2020 2:16 pm  

I think I got this all put back in there. Now I just need to figure out how to make it permanent.

Don't cross my path.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: