RSS

rpatric
(@rpatric)
Bronze
Maryland
6th - 8th
Head Coach
November 12, 2019 12:50 pm  

In the DumCoach Forum restructure, we're asking questions of members  in order to gain some feedback.  If you would answer these questions, it would be helpful.

Did the site help you make gains this season?

Immensely

Did you find value in this site?

Absolutely, more than any other resource I've ever seen

Would you recommend this site to others?

I have and will continue, unfortunately most people I've encountered don't think they need advice  ::)

What would you like to change about this site?

I would like to see content that is restricted to members only. Maybe if we "teased" the content of said section it would urge more coaches to sign up.

What would like to see added to this site?

See Above

Thanks for any insight that you can share.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@johnkoester)
Diamond
November 14, 2019 2:38 am  

Didn't coach.

I always do, whether I'm coaching or not.  Good people on here. 

I always bring this up to coaches I know.  They rarely come on.  I just got someone to come on here a couple of weeks ago, new coworker who coaches youth, but I don't believe he participates.  I think it's kind of like a lot of other things where someone needs to want to be helped before they'll take the time to come on here and get involved.

Nothing

Nothing.  I had hoped the addition of the non-coaching/non-football sections might help gain (or keep) traffic, but looks like I was wrong. 

ReplyQuote
Majortom
(@majortom)
Bronze
November 14, 2019 12:06 pm  

In the DumCoach Forum restructure, we're asking questions of members  in order to gain some feedback.  If you would answer these questions, it would be helpful.

---This season not really

---I am hooked on dumcoach, but not as much during the season...too busy coaching.

---Absolutely, but so few dad coaches have the time.

---I do like how coach Parker has his site with video and powerpoints with his info. So more of that type stuff.

---See above

---I likely am a very early entrant onto the Dumcoach site and even though I am on almost daily, I have never felt that my input could add much to any coaches that already post here...or did. Unless it is a new coach that is dealing with something very relevant to my situation I do not respond assuming one of those guys will get them what they need. Not my strong suit. This site and the DCWing T got me on with another coach and organization in my area after my little back yard PAL league folded that my son played on. So I was able to make some good coaching friends and work with those guys for a nice little youth ball run. Fun times that I hope we can rekindle soon.
Tom

14th year youth coach 7-12 yr olds

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
November 14, 2019 12:37 pm  

---I likely am a very early entrant onto the Dumcoach site and even though I am on almost daily, I have never felt that my input could add much to any coaches that already post here

I felt the same way and still do sometimes till one of members either asks me something or I respond, and then I am left with a moment of "maybe my input is kinda valuable"

I am a firm believer in you never know how much you really impact a kid when you coach them. Maybe its the same way with coaches also.

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
Coach Brad
(@coachbradfromcanada)
Bronze
November 15, 2019 5:58 pm  

Yes, I will continue to use things I've learned here long after this site is gone, so the answer is yes for eternity.

See above, yes.

Yes.

Nothing comes to mind.

Perhaps a sub-forum for non-standard American 11-man football, such as 9on9, 8on8, 7on7, flag/no/limited contact, Canadian Rules, ect.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: