Notifications

Attacking a 5-3  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
October 4, 2017 7:48 am  

Who can you get away with not blocking. There is at least one player on every team, in most cases 2 two.

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
October 4, 2017 7:56 am  

Or maybe more importantly, who can't we block. Read that sucker. But to your point, many try to get a hat on a hat and that will always leave at least one guy blocked. In reality (and I'm not even talking from a personnel pov which is what I believe you are saying) you don't have to block everybody to make a play work.

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
October 4, 2017 8:01 am  

Or maybe more importantly, who can't we block. Read that sucker. But to your point, many try to get a hat on a hat and that will always leave at least one guy blocked. In reality (and I'm not even talking from a personnel pov which is what I believe you are saying) you don't have to block everybody to make a play work.

I am not reading squat. Just a personal preference. In my experience, if you have a back of any significance? There are at least 2 players in the majority of defense, who are not going to tackle that guy.

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
October 4, 2017 8:06 am  

I am not reading squat. Just a personal preference. In my experience, if you have a back of any significance? There are at least 2 players in the majority of defense, who are not going to tackle that guy.

I get it. I was just expounding on the thought. Some guys you don't have to block simply because they are just flat out not very good.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
October 4, 2017 8:56 am  

Why are you so in love with motion? If you are trying to put in a new qb this week just stay in twins or line the slot up at H. Don't complicate it for the new guy. And please don't try to run a read game until you have a bunch of reps. Call it based on what the bsde does for a zone read look. I'm telling you, it works.

Motions are because I still want to run power/counter and it is hard to do that w/o the motion guy when we are in ace. My HC wants us to use only 1 formation because he felt the kids were not picking up the formations in Joe's offense. Plus the Varsity bases out of Ace and he wants us to run what they run. He is HC of both teams btw.
I am not going to have them read quite yet and maybe not at all until they prove they can do it in practice. I will be calling it all the way. I am working this week to make it look like they are reading it but it will 100% be called. We will also be using wrist bands this week, which should help the kids out a lot. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: