Notifications

Running Speed Option  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

blockandtackle
(@coacharnold)
Silver
September 30, 2017 8:33 am  

We were UFC but my HC wants us in gun. Apparently it will help us block better.

I love it when coaches think that making the snap harder to execute and making plays hit slower will somehow magically improve everything else...

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
September 30, 2017 8:40 am  

A

The thing that gets me every time, is when I get told we don't have the time to coach up this but we do that. That's the reason there is a plan. When the plan gets changed then you can't say the plan doesn't work.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
September 30, 2017 8:53 am  

I love it when coaches think that making the snap harder to execute and making plays hit slower will somehow magically improve everything else...

I agree. I don't agree either but how things went last week, I really don't have an argument. He is the HC so I have to run with it. Thankfully our line is at full strength now, so that should help things.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
September 30, 2017 9:08 am  

A

The thing that gets me every time, is when I get told we don't have the time to coach up this but we do that. That's the reason there is a plan. When the plan gets changed then you can't say the plan doesn't work.

Joe

I can't say I disagree with you. I am just trying to make things work with the hand I am dealt. I know we can't do anything if we can't block and if our snaps are crap. I was looking for an idea based out of what I was told to run by my HC. He is also our 14U HC, so he wants us to run an offense similar to what they run. I wanted to run UTC, as per your advice, but we didn't block so nothing worked. I don't mind running from the gun, I just don't like the reasoning that it will help the QB.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
September 30, 2017 1:43 pm  

C

If you don't block it really doesn't matter what scheme you run.

At LMHS we do almost everything from the gun, but the read game is a major part of our offense. We also practice all year. My first year we ran a lot more UTC until we became comfortable in the Offense. My experience in the Youth game is you need both.

At your age Level Naked from UTC is huge.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
September 30, 2017 11:46 pm  

C
At your age Level Naked from UTC is huge.

Joe

I know and I was really looking forward to utilizing it quite often. But when my HC says we are going to gun, we are going to gun.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: