Notifications

Tunnel Screen (or at least what i call it)  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
March 6, 2018 5:08 am  

Here's some more examples of Rocket:

Awesome!

I was at Commerce's spring game on Saturday (very early in the year) and they ran it a couple of few times....first time they ran it, success, after that, there were some "issues". New QB's as the starter from last season graduated, as did the back up, so the pass with the receiver "driving" towards the ball was not always "on him" which kind of messed up the timing and gave the defense time to recover...but looking at your clips, it's awesome 🙂

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
March 6, 2018 1:17 pm  

SMac

Not only do we run Rocket, but several teams we play are also very good at it. One team in particular had a WR who is a track dude & really sweet once he gets the ball. In order to defend it, the most important thing is the ability to recognize it. Our CB's & S's yell "rat". This alerts everyone to a screen. Our Will backer was a Rocket killer. He was able to work under the Oline & hit the WR as soon as the ball got there.

This is one of the reasons offensively we often package Rocket with another screen away from the Rocket. We may have Rocket & Bubble together, or Rocket & a Slow screen. This allows us to run it even when teams prepare for it.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
March 7, 2018 4:13 am  

SMac

Not only do we run Rocket, but several teams we play are also very good at it. One team in particular had a WR who is a track dude & really sweet once he gets the ball. In order to defend it, the most important thing is the ability to recognize it. Our CB's & S's yell "rat". This alerts everyone to a screen. Our Will backer was a Rocket killer. He was able to work under the Oline & hit the WR as soon as the ball got there.

This is one of the reasons offensively we often package Rocket with another screen away from the Rocket. We may have Rocket & Bubble together, or Rocket & a Slow screen. This allows us to run it even when teams prepare for it.

Joe

I would think recognition would be post snap, after the action had already started, the snippets you posted you were running it from "normal" looking formations...is there any pre-snap give away that I didn't notice?

I noticed that you have the F going "lazily" into the opposite flat on one of the snippets, slow screen?

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
March 7, 2018 4:36 am  

SMac

It's always Post snap, since there should never be a give away pre Snap. The usual key is the WR sinking his hips on step 2, that's when we start yelling RAT. Hearing the RAT call each defender then has a key to look to.

It's very possible we have may have slow to one side & Rocket to the other. We even run Double Rocket, where we Rocket both ways.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: