Page 1 / 3
  RSS

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
March 21, 2010 9:39 am  

it was downloaded over 300+ times on the other site so i figured ide repost...enjoy!

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

RedZone
(@redzone)
Copper
March 26, 2010 8:04 pm  

Coaches, what's the best blocking scheme to run with the spread offense?

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
March 26, 2010 8:30 pm  

My personal preference is Zone or Play side Gap blocking. However, I also like to trap some too.

That determination has to be made based on the type of running game you intend to deploy.  For Pass protection, I like a simple slide protection plan with the back going to the weak side.   

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
March 27, 2010 2:49 pm  

we used SAB... simply because our main running play was tackle trap... and its easy...we would just call base trap left...everyone sab to the right and the right tackle traps to the left...if you wanted to run it with out the trap i guess IZ and OZ would be your next bet or inside gaurd traps...in Leechs air raid playbook i posted on the other site most runs are traps with one or two inside zone plays... but this particular spread ide forgo the GOL or even ON gap as we had iniatillally interpreted it... SAB or what ever the new double wing blocking scheme is to wall off for there power play and do the same thing...this spread is block down and kick out with speed...had we ran more true option as i wouldve liked we would have did a zone blocking scheme or GOL

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
March 27, 2010 2:56 pm  

leechs air raid

http://uploading.com/files/mef1644d/Texas%252520Tech%252520Offense.pdf/

ReplyQuote
Coach_O
(@rob_coach_o)
Gold
March 27, 2010 6:48 pm  

My personal preference is Zone or Play side Gap blocking. However, I also like to trap some too.

That determination has to be made based on the type of running game you intend to deploy.  For Pass protection, I like a simple slide protection plan with the back going to the weak side. 

We used a down, man own scheme while pulling backside G on the run, for pass hinge backside, Down, Man On, Man Away while using on almost half the plays a backer to help defend the edge.

Helmet Decalshttp://Facebook.com/SportsLiveDecals

ReplyQuote
RedZone
(@redzone)
Copper
April 1, 2010 6:35 am  

Coach B.C., I have been considering buying the same dvd set for the past
couple of years.  Could you tell me the pro's and con's of this offense.  If you
ran it again what would you do dirrerently and what plays would you add if any.
What worked best and what didn't?  I noticed you said you changed the blocking
scheme also.  Any help would be appreciated.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
April 1, 2010 6:57 am  

Coach B.C., I have been considering buying the same dvd set for the past
couple of years.  Could you tell me the pro's and con's of this offense.  If you
ran it again what would you do dirrerently and what plays would you add if any.
What worked best and what didn't?  I noticed you said you changed the blocking
scheme also.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have nothing but positives for this system...you spread out defense and normally get them to drop there safety...i forced teams to change there defenses mid game which inturn confused there players...i would use it again in a heartbeat ... and its flexibility bar none... youth coaches run defenses wit 8 in the box with spread we forced teams to only have 5 or 6 and we would run...email me if you have specifics lpl120lbcoach@gmail...both randy my oc and i can help...

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
April 7, 2010 8:02 pm  

i posted this in the dcwt section to analyze blocking...a lot of guys have contacted me for clips here is a series of one of our games

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold
April 7, 2010 10:09 pm  

Here's some video of a 12-13 youth team in AZ running GT Option from spread.  They also run some veer, QB power, etc.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value=" http://www.youtube.com/v/LQ2eQAp_roI&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" http://www.youtube.com/v/LQ2eQAp_roI&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" ;" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold
April 7, 2010 10:18 pm  

Oops!  Let's try that one more time.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@johnkoester)
Diamond
April 8, 2010 5:33 am  

i posted this in the dcwt section to analyze blocking...a lot of guys have contacted me for clips here is a series of one of our games

Dude, that's excellent.  Good job.  Right up until that pick in the end zone, LOL.  🙂

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
April 8, 2010 6:45 am  

Yea i know right...we won that game 30-6 but that was our first drive...

ReplyQuote
MiamiHuskers
(@harmony)
Bronze
December 14, 2010 5:11 pm  

Hey BC,
I see you are running the DC Wing T now instead of the spread. Why did you decide to go away from the spread?

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
December 14, 2010 6:35 pm  

my organization wanted to create a continuity program in which all levels learn the same system.  I ran dcwt 2 years before last one year with pistol which worked but not as well as the whole thing did this past season.  dcwt offers any level success where as the spread offers it to those who are older. so installed it at every level from 7 years old to 14.  i truly love the dcwt more so bc i was a wing t player in high school i love what it offers.  so now when i get kids moving up they can run 23 when asked to, instead of goin back to square one... last year we had 2 winning teams this year 7 out of 9.  our percentage as an org went from .345 to .760 we couldnt do that in spread. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: