Clear all

Know when to say When!

Page 1 / 2

Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Its Been A Great Run!

We all have a shelf life. There comes a time when our reach and influence isn't what is needed to go forward.

Over the last almost 17 years I have met and developed friendships and connections with so many Parents and Kids. It has been a privilege and an honor to be allowed to be a part of the kids lives, and hopefully provide some bit of positive influence, even if only for a few short weeks every year.

Thank you to all the parents for your support and for allowing/ trusting me to work with your kids.

To all my players past and present. It has been a great ride watching you all find yourselves and grow in so many facets of your lives. As I said all along, Always believe in yourself. Have the confidence and passion to challenge yourself to do more. I know its there. Always BELIEVE YOU CAN!

In all you do be Warrior Strong!

Thank You
Scott

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

Umm
So this is your last year or you have coached your last game?

Either way,... Youre going to still drop by here or do I have to keep in touch with you through FB?

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Rob:

This was both my last season and last game.  I'll still be around the forums reading maybe a few stories of how "In My Day" we walked to Practice going up hill both ways!!   

8) 

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

Rob:

This was both my last season and last game.  I'll still be around the forums reading maybe a few stories of how "In My Day" we walked to Practice going up hill both ways!!   

8)

I ran to practice up hill both ways in the snow in flip flops  😀

ReplyQuote
blockandtackle
(@coacharnold)
Silver

We're going to miss you, man!  Good luck in "retirement."

ReplyQuote
mrdeadeye
(@mrdeadeye)
Silver

Shad,
  Just know that we have all learned alot from you over the years. And we look forward to taking in all you have to give in the future.

Sucks your packing it in. But man I get it.

TW

Winners Make it Happen

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

Shad,
  Just know that we have all learned alot from you over the years. And we look forward to taking in all you have to give in the future.

Sucks your packing it in. But man I get it.

TW

Yeah I packed it in a while ago but I cant stay away from this place  😀

Me and Shad had some great convo on the "old" site when I ran wishbone. I learned a ton from him as well.

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum

Its Been A Great Run!

We all have a shelf life. There comes a time when our reach and influence isn't what is needed to go forward.

Over the last almost 17 years I have met and developed friendships and connections with so many Parents and Kids. It has been a privilege and an honor to be allowed to be a part of the kids lives, and hopefully provide some bit of positive influence, even if only for a few short weeks every year.

Thank you to all the parents for your support and for allowing/ trusting me to work with your kids.

To all my players past and present. It has been a great ride watching you all find yourselves and grow in so many facets of your lives. As I said all along, Always believe in yourself. Have the confidence and passion to challenge yourself to do more. I know its there. Always BELIEVE YOU CAN!

In all you do be Warrior Strong!

Thank You
Scott

Scott,

Wish you well!  Learned a ton from you and I can only imagine losing you will be a big hit on your organization.

Jack

Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

This was both my last season and last game.

And it happened to fall in September?  Did you quit mid-season, or is this Alaska or Finland or someplace the season is very early?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Did you quit mid-season, or is this Alaska or Finland or someplace the season is very early?

Scott's in Illinois.
I have a house there and I can promise you when the weather's cold, it seems like Alaska.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Reviewing Dusty Ol Fart's recent posts, I see he was having a severe numbers problem, so could be they forfeited the rest of the season.

Still, a week ago he was saying maybe he'd wait until next year.  Maybe.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Bob:

Our league did not have enough teams at our grade level  for us to play more than 5 games.  We were unable to find any takers with openings in their schedules to account for the Open Dates we had.  Hence we are done for the season.  That said, I figure it was an appropriate time to express my gratitude for the last 16 plus years and advise my intent to resign from Coaching.  Nothing further to read into it.

As I stated we ALL have a shelf life. 

Scott

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Some have a remarkably long one.  Mr. Demers in 1952 founded the last club I coached on and was still coaching there when I left in 2016.

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

Scott

Father time is undefeated

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

So our end of the year party went about the same as the season. Only had the full roster at practice twice and only 8 kids showed up for Pizza AND Pool Time.  I know the kids who showed up had a great time swimming and eatin Pizza! 

That sums up "The State Of The Union".    "WHEN!"  😉

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: