Notifications
Clear all

Looking for new ideas for fundraising

sabot6d
(@sabot6d)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Previous admin did not put much time into fundraising and it shows. Much of our equipment is old and outdated. What are some of your best fundraisers?  Let's see if we cam share ideas and boost everyone's programs up a little.

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

We use cow plop as our main fundraiser, takes some man power however very inexpensive to run. Kids sell $100 of $10 deeds, parents can opt out by just paying the $100 with registration.

We have an online merch store, that we get % per item bought.  This site ships once a month. We also have the same items on sale at games for a $5 mark up (we encourage online purchases).

We are also 501c and have a corporate sponsorship packet we send out to our coaches and parents.  Most corporations or big buisness have a bank to donate to 501c locally,  use it. Grocery stores, sporting goods, big box stores, walmart. We trade ad space for money, more money bigger and better the sign or ad space.

There are some other quirky things however with those 3 we are steady around $80k in the off season and around $40/45k at start of season.

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

We sold mulch to parents and spread it on their lawns on the weekend.  Raised about $10k in one weekend.

—Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
blockandtackle
(@coacharnold)
Silver

Previous admin did not put much time into fundraising and it shows. Much of our equipment is old and outdated. What are some of your best fundraisers?  Let's see if we cam share ideas and boost everyone's programs up a little.

If you live anywhere near a big time school or sporting event, see if there's something you can volunteer your staff and team to do and pocket a cut of the profits.

One coach I know had he and his staff work a relatively close-by SEC school's home basketball games, selling merchandise.  They did have to drive over an hour each way to get there, but they got to keep over $8k for the team at season's end.  At a place I used to coach, there was a NASCAR track close by so the coaches would always do something for fundraising.  They parked cars and made over $11k for 2 days' work.

If you can't do that stuff, discount cards are great, easy fundraisers.  Just call about 12-16 local businesses and get them to offer a special--it could be whatever their normal special is.  Put them on good plastic with a nice team graphic on the front--if you do them yourself there are businesses that will just print the cards in bulk, or you can hire a company to put the cards together for you and keep like 70% of the money.  Tell each player you expect them to sell a minimum of 10, then have prizes for the top seller and incentives for the people who get close or meet a certain criteria.

Golf tournaments are good, too, if you can get local businesses to sponsor a hole and then charge a small entrance fee for teams.  Get the grand prize donated.

Liftathons, chili cookoffs, and things like that are also good to raise money.  Liftathons can be lucrative if you get the kids to turn their money in.

Another thing I like is to do an interasquad scrimmage or even scrimmage another team as a "preseason game."  Treat it like a game simulation and charge $3 for admission.  Make it fun.  You can make a decent amount off what's really just a glorified practice.

If you're not already doing it, do stuff like sell banners to parents and businesses for advertising and offer to do PA announcements if businesses throw in a little extra to sweeten the pot.  Approach selling banners different ways--parents can buy one for their kid, churches and businesses can buy one to promote their organization, and businesses can also "sponsor" a player or position group with a banner that gets that kid('s) name(s) and picture on it right alongside the company name.

These are off-season or pre-season fundraisers.  During the season, stuff like raffles are good if you can get parents or some helpers to do it.  If you don't already have parents selling merchandise (T-shirts, flags with the team logo, etc.) during games, you should be.  Partner with cheerleaders or another sport if you need to and share the money.  When the season's over, offer to sell your game film on DVDs as a box set.

For more creative stuff, my alma mater's CTE programs even got an old junk car and parked it in the grass beside the stadium.  They charged people $5 to take 3 whacks at it with a sledgehammer and made bank.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Liftathons can be lucrative if you get the kids to turn their money in.

Liftathons are the bomb.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coach E
(@coache)
Gold

Snap-Raise
https://www.snap-raise.com/

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.- Marcus Aurelius

ReplyQuote
Share: