Notifications

Michael, Really?  

RSS

Sillywillie
(@sillywillie)
Lurker
February 9, 2020 10:21 pm  

I saw the news of Michael’s passing. And I would really like to know what happened if at all possible. A pm would will do if that is still possible or just a reply. I like the new site. I didn’t reach out to many, but he was one, and always very helpful. Thank you.

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
February 9, 2020 11:00 pm  
Posted by: @sillywillie

I saw the news of Michael’s passing. And I would really like to know what happened if at all possible. A pm would will do if that is still possible or just a reply. I like the new site. I didn’t reach out to many, but he was one, and always very helpful. Thank you.

Sadly...I dont think any of us know what happened. One Member kinda accidentally discovered the news in a Rowing Newsletter a few months after he stopped posting. He is missed. 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Sillywillie
(@sillywillie)
Lurker
February 10, 2020 12:30 am  

@mahonz

After a little, research, I think Michael died of natural causes. I think this is him. Way way to early.

MHcoach liked
ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
February 10, 2020 6:43 am  

Wow, that article encapsulates Michael to a tee. I was fortunate enough to actually be on the water with Michael & watch him coach rowing. He was amazing, literally he coached every stroke; and yet wasn't overbearing.

It's funny, his mind was amazing & his humor oft misunderstood. I miss our phone conversations, which often had little to do with coaching. I hope he's at peace.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
February 10, 2020 10:39 am  

I can't view the article.   

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
February 10, 2020 11:09 am  

Another "Please register to view the attachment" message.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
February 10, 2020 11:57 am  

I had the same issue, I just copied & pasted it to my browser.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Sillywillie
(@sillywillie)
Lurker
February 10, 2020 1:35 pm  

Just google “Michael o Gorman Football coach.”

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
February 10, 2020 3:55 pm  
Posted by: @sillywillie

@mahonz

After a little, research, I think Michael died of natural causes. I think this is him. Way way to early.

Yes that is the article that I think Dusty found. Thanks for posting it again. 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Share: