Notifications
Clear all

Beep test

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Today we we did our first beep test in covid restrictions and guys what a giant pain in the ass.  Essentially we used the entire football field  and had 2 groups , the runner and the clock/official.  Each player was in a big line btw so plenty of space and we were lucky enough to used the loud speakers in stadium which I'm sure the neighbors enjoyed. 

What is the beep test. This test involves continuous running between two lines 20m apart in time to recorded beeps. For this reason the test is also often called the 'beep' or 'bleep' test. The participants stand behind one of the lines facing the second line, and begin running when instructed by the recording. The speed at the start is quite slow. The subject continues running between the two lines, turning when signaled by the recorded beeps. After about one minute, a sound indicates an increase in speed, and the beeps will be closer together. This continues each minute (level). If the line is reached before the beep sounds, the subject must wait until the beep sounds before continuing. If the line is not reached before the beep sounds, the subject is given a warning and must continue to run to the line, then turn and try to catch up with the pace within two more ‘beeps’. The subject is given a warning the first time they fail to reach the line (within 2 meters), and eliminated after the second warning.

The athlete's score is the level and number of shuttles (20m) reached before they were unable to keep up with the recording. Record the last level completed (not necessarily the level stopped at). 

Audio used

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

Seth54
(@seth54)
Copper

I haven’t done the beep test since I played rugby in my 20s and I feel like you are trying to trigger PTSD with this post

ZACH liked
ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Topic starter  
Posted by: @seth54

I haven’t done the beep test since I played rugby in my 20s and I feel like you are trying to trigger PTSD with this post

Haha I feel you there, I just ran this with our women's and boys team they officially hate me. No post session beers lol

Seth54 liked
ReplyQuote
ThunderFootball
(@thunderfootball)
Bronze

@bucksweep58  Have you tried the Yo-Yo Test?    https://www.theyoyotest.com/

Basically the same thing as the beep test, 20m apart, but you have a 10 second break between each level.  A lot of hockey guys use it here or something similar with a longer break between to mimic time between a shift.  

I've done both in class.  Kids don't enjoy either.  lol.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Topic starter  

I've done both player and coach. Just preference for the beep test I suppose.  

You only like the beep test when you poor milk before adding cereal lol

ReplyQuote
ThunderFootball
(@thunderfootball)
Bronze

@bucksweep58

LOL So true!  Have had a few of those come through the school over the years.

ReplyQuote
Share: