Notifications
Clear all

In season weights and other fun stuff

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Retaining players is huge this time of year...happy to report with the teams ive been working with, through 1st week of pre season... no major injuries.  In season isnt really to maintain but we arent pushing limits either.

The template is:

Day 1 - lower/upper -main lifts- 5x5 @75% ... 100 reps hamstrings and shoulder complex.

Day 2  - lower/ upper - assistance day... good morning/ squat variation/ oly variation for 4x8
-dumbell incline press or shoulder press for extended rest pause- 8-10 reps...15 breathes ...more reps...15 breaths more reps. 
-Dip and chins super set total reps 50 each.

The coaches are responsible for exercise selection... i advised squat and bench go together and deadlift and overhead press go together.

The idea is these workouts can be done <40 min and kids can recoup for gameday. The percentages dont change for 5x5... they just add 5 lbs to upper lift and 10 for lower and continue. This should equate to 2 squats, dead, bench press, and overhead per month, The frequency is low. 

If you are jv you lift 3x a week...day 1, 2 then day 1 again with different lifts.

Active recovery day: after films sat morning
Light to moderate intensity... will always change but general idea... each team has some sort of push set up...prowler or home made... my favorite is the truck bed lol

- distance run 400 - 800m
- prowler push/farmers walk/tire drag
- jump rope

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

claramax600
(@claramax600)
Lurker

Weight matters a lot in such kind of physical games, my hubby is also a football player and he take care a lot about his weight, when he feels he has gained weight he started to take weight loss supplements, and there are no side effects of using these supplements, he gets from Fastin Supplement coupons at Reecoupons, I think it's very necessary for healthy living.

Fastin Supplement coupons

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Posted by: @claramax600

Weight matters a lot in such kind of physical games, my hubby is also a football player and he take care a lot about his weight, when he feels he has gained weight he started to take weight loss supplements, and there are no side effects of using these supplements, he gets from Fastin Supplement coupons at Reecoupons, I think it's very necessary for healthy living.

You're a nut.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Posted by: @bucksweep58

If you are jv you lift 3x a week...day 1, 2 then day 1 again with different lifts.

So you would lift Mon/Wed/Fri in-season for JV?

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Topic starter  
Posted by: @claramax600

Bot

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Topic starter  
Posted by: @coachdp

So you would lift Mon/Wed/Fri in-season for JV?

--Dave

Yes, unless Monday is JV day then it's altered.  If a player plays jv but get rotational time on varsity he's considerd varsity and is on their plan. 

I have altered this program with experience. Before we did too much and resulted in little progress in strength and injury rates remained the same.  Once altered to the current things have been going swimmingly. 

Jvs lift Tues, Thurs, sat for Monday jv game. Varsity is Sat, Mon, Weds for Fri night.

The strength increases through the season in 5lb increments.  Over the last 2 seasons we have had less injury with varsity going 3x a week.  Shoulder, knee, ankle, and neck injuries became less common and we the team culture improved drastically. 

S&C if done right will strengthen your players bodies, the teams relationships, and teams confidence on game day.

Day 1

Squat

Abs

stretch

Day 2

Overhead press 

Row

Stretch

Day 3

Power clean 

Abs 

Sat is day 1 for whole team (lift, shower, film, dismiss)

Mon is day 2 varsity 

Tuesday is day 2 jv 

Weds is day 3 varsity 

Thursday is day 3 jv 

Avg weight room time is  40 minutes.  Saturdays due to equipment available and number of kids its closer to an hour.

If Injury prevents players from lifting they show up and complete a modified program prescribed by training staff and or assist players with loading and deloading plates 

The lifts during the week are in the am for one team and before or after practice on the other 3.  Based on the logs kept one is not better than the other they are all consistent.  The AM team however won a district championship and progressed into state playoffs. The am team took my breakfast club idea and ran with it. 

If I can help in anyway DP please let me know.

Seth54 liked
ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Jvs lift Tues, Thurs, sat for Monday jv game. Varsity is Sat, Mon, Weds for Fri night.

We play Thursday nights.  We will definitely lift on Fridays because we have don't have a game, or on-field practice.  Lifting on Monday and Wednesday would give us a regular on/off rotation.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Share: