Notifications

Belly "Slide"  

RSS

dbayer66
(@dbayer66)
Copper
September 22, 2020 10:57 am  

was watching a snippet of Rich Erdelyi video and he mentioned belly slide, i had not heard this before, can anyone enlighten me? thanks

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 22, 2020 11:56 am  

I'm guessing here....

--DP

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
dbayer66
(@dbayer66)
Copper
September 22, 2020 8:29 pm  

🤣

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
September 23, 2020 11:08 am  
Posted by: @dbayer66

was watching a snippet of Rich Erdelyi video and he mentioned belly slide, i had not heard this before, can anyone enlighten me? thanks

It's the WB "slide" motioning over to lead block in a Belly ISO play.  Belly Slide starts at about 11:09 in the video below.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
September 23, 2020 1:56 pm  
Posted by: @dbayer66

Was it in the context of a play name as 32Wedge posted?  Because if not, maybe it's just referring to the FB's initial steps.

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
September 23, 2020 2:23 pm  

@bob-goodman

Coach Erdelyi included the Belly Slide along with Buck Sweep and Jet as his 3 offensive series at Carnegie Mellon.  I think there's Keep, Counter and Truck plays that go with the Belly ISO. 

ReplyQuote
Share: