Notifications
Clear all

Chasing Butterflies!

Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Guys, I am Old School but a bit of a Joker (go figure).  I like to Work Hard and Play Hard. 

As some observed, I said our last game was "UGLY" from an offensive standpoint.  As such my practice plan tonight was simply to review how we block certain plays!  We have not been consistent in that effort.  Too much practice time to have these Brain Farts continue.  About 1/3rd of the way into practice, I hollered "HEY" and held up my cell phone.  I showed them a phone number and said, extremely loudly,  all I have to do is press call and we Forfeit the Game tomorrow!  Do I have your attention now?  >:(

I had their attention!  "But coach that means we loose!"  "Yup!  And I am OK with that because I wont bring a team on the field who isn't ready to play!  We won by the skin of our teeth Saturday and you jokers are playing grab ass and talking over me!  You want to show up tomorrow and play, that's good, I wont be there!"  DEAD SILENCE!  Finally one says really Coach?.  Yer Damn Skippy!  I replied. 

Way too much goofin off and false confidence for me.  This isn't how I teach you and it isnt what I will represent.  I dont want to see one of you come off the field tomorrow crying because we lost!  We deserve to loose because, unlike the teams we play who win consistently, we choose to goof off and "Chase Butterflies!"  Fine go chase them but dont cry when you lose!  You are too arrogant to work hard.  You are too childish to accept responsibility! What bothers me the most is you're too Damn Good to act like this!! 

QB who has been trying all night to keep them in line was finally backed up by a Linemen who said Quit Acting like Second Graders LISTEN! 

We just may have crossed over the Hill!!  😉     

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

Monster
(@monster)
Gold

It's always a great feeling when you get buy in from some of the players.

Mission Statement: To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

26-6 lead at Half and then we got the nets out and began Chasing butterflies. 

Perhaps I ask (expect) too much of young kids?

We met the Challenges I set forth save for 1 and then we coasted.

3 Offensive TD's  Check
1 Special Teams TD  Check
1 Defensive TD  2 fumble Recoveries thought.

But we Coasted in the Second Half.  🙁

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: