Notifications
Clear all

Circle of Death

Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold
Topic starter  

Well... up to thirty minutes today.  Two kids puked and kicked four kids out of the circle....

Mojo Mojo mojo

GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold

Well... up to thirty minutes today.  Two kids puked and kicked four kids out of the circle....

Mojo Mojo mojo

puking = mojo?

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz

ReplyQuote
CoachDavidP
(@fizzlife)
Gold

puking = mojo?

Depends if they stopped the exercise to puke or not.  😀

We had a nice surprise tonight. We decided Monday and Tuesday not to tap anyone out, get them "acclimated" I guess you might say. Just pushed them hard, 10 mins then 12 mins. We closed Wednesday with a different "gut check" conditioning activity and today came back strong with the circle and 15 minutes, this time tapping out kids for effort. The first few that got tapped looked kinda lost. Told them, push your team, cheer them on, but they were a bit quiet. Tapped another kid in the 4th qtr (5 sets total, 4 qtrs and overtime) and he was mad. Next thing I know, he is continuing the exercises in the middle and has gotten all the other kids in the middle working again. We did still stress that they will have to work harder next time to finish as a team, but also celebrated the possible leader we have developing. He is only 8 fresh up from the flag team to so it could be a nice growth experience for him.

David (Fizzlife)Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

ReplyQuote
CoachDavidP
(@fizzlife)
Gold

puking = mojo?

I was gonna get shirts for my team that said "I survived the circle".  Maybe we can just have them say "I puked in the circle".

David (Fizzlife)Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold
Topic starter  

puking = mojo?

They puked but didn't quit. 

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Puking doesn't equal Mojo, but 30 minutes of Jack's Enduro does.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

What is this circle of death? I have only done 15 minutes of enduro's. Does the time in enduro's depend on age?

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

What is this circle of death? I have only done 15 minutes of enduro's. Does the time in enduro's depend on age?

no.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

Thanks coach. I have at the end do ten sets 20 yard sprints and bear crawls, jacks tackling dummy drill, then 15 min if enduro's( 4 dynamic to 1 static 1 minute a piece ).

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold
Topic starter  

One of my assistants got his company to provide tshirts for the team.  He asked me what to put on the front.  I said  "I Survived the Circle of Death"  !

I stole that from somebody here on the board and I love it.

ReplyQuote
Share: