Notifications
Clear all

Mojo

Page 4 / 4

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Good form on that team was 7 guys running the ball carrier over the bench and into the Gatorade table

Epic! ^

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
coachstu
(@coachstu)
Gold

As an epilogue, uh yeah, we got our pads this week.  I have butt kickers!!!!  Ready made!!!!  They came out of the package that way.  We have 28 kids.  About 12 of those are first year players.  I'd say all but maybe 5 or 6 kids are ready to get after it and have no fear of contact.  Quite the opposite.  They're thriving on it.  And I believe that vibe has been contagious to a lot of the first year players because we are laying each other out, and laughing about it.

We ran some physical drills in the weeks without pads.  And unlike last year, I really hyped up the first pad practice.  We were essentially working to the first day in pads as our goal the first 3 weeks.  And when pad day came, the were foaming at the mouth.

I'll be honest.  Of all the things we've been talking about in this thread.  I've had to do none of it.  I simply inherited a physical group of kids.  At least that's how I feel.  Maybe I'll find a way to take credit later. 

ReplyQuote
StormCoach
(@stormcoach)
Bronze

Well, Well, you better buy a lottery ticket then lol 😛

“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." ”
― Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: