Notifications
Clear all

Navy Seal Night

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

First, I would like to thank the men who volunteered their time Friday night to help our team. 6 former Navy Seals trained our team for 12 hours on Friday. The event was an outstanding team building experience. While we did no football at all, the lessons learned are invaluable.

We took 94 players, they were broken down into squads & units. Each squad had a leader, & each unit had a leader who answered to the squad leader. I can not begin to explain the amount of effort & team work that was demanded of our players. I can proudly say no player begged out.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

J. Potter (seabass)
(@seabass)
Gold

That would be an awesome LIFE experience. I'm certain this experience will help your football team but some of those young men will probably benefit from this 10 years from now. They will likely appreciate it more and more as they grow older. That's pretty awesome that you guys put that together for them!

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Joe

How would you implement this into a youth Team without bringing out the PC crowd?

Possible? Impossible?

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

The Marines do something similar. I believe they will dumb it down some for youth. I believe the Seals version is more intense than the Marines. Seal training, actually all spec ops training, is centered around team work. While all of the military stresses this, spec ops teams take it to a whole other level because they work in such small units and have to trust their teammates with their lives.

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

Joe

How would you implement this into a youth Team without bringing out the PC crowd?

Possible? Impossible?

My guess is that the people who would have a problem with their kid learning from these well trained and dedicated soldiers are probably playing soccer. 

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

My guess is that the people who would have a problem with their kid learning from these well trained and dedicated soldiers are probably playing soccer.

I doubt even that. They are playing a first person shooter game all day long, are 100lbs overweight and have parent teacher conferences every other week to complain about why their kid gets homework and is bullied so much.
Heck, even the military bowed down to this lunacy and made basic training much easier(yes, this did happen in the mid 90's along with lowering the pt score requirements a few years later, I shit you not) because it was too hard. WTF, ok, so getting troops ready for combat should be easy?

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

Joe

Possible? Impossible?

You just do it and apologize to complainers after the fact.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

There are many different ideas how to accomplish the same thing for a youth team. The first thing is to contact the local recruiter in your town. The next is to secure a facility where you could have a 12 hour event without creating problems.

We do it every other season as not to lose the effectiveness. We are also a large school so if we do lose a few players who can't hack it we survive. Youth program's always have to worry about numbers. When I coached in Brooklyn we did take our team to camp every year. It was 4 days, & it took 4 days to accomplish what the Seals do in 1 night.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Share: