Notifications
Clear all

Team Party Tonight

spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
Topic starter  

So we are having our season ending party tonight, hopefully we have lots of fun...

I made a couple of videos to show while they are eating pizza and cake, pics and video snippets for the games, and some cool special effects ๐Ÿ™‚

We also got the boys "championship" shirts...

In previous seasons, I made the boys little award certificates that celebrated something that the brought to the table, this year, I did something a little different that I hope is more meaningful. I wrote each boy a short note highlighting what they brought to the table and then a suggestion for something to work on going forward.

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver

I like the note idea.  I think it's a great idea.  Provides individual recognition and shows you care about them.

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

We missed out on this type of party this year.  Every previous year we have a party with food and I will give a speech and hand out certificates or dog tags (we are the Bulldogs) and a trophy if we won a trophy in the post season. 

This year there were too many conflicts, so we ended up playing paintball as a team... which turned out to be a blast, but we didn't get to do the typical speech and recognition.  I missed that.  I will make sure it happens next year.

ReplyQuote
CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver

We missed out on this type of party this year.  Every previous year we have a party with food and I will give a speech and hand out certificates or dog tags (we are the Bulldogs) and a trophy if we won a trophy in the post season. 

This year there were too many conflicts, so we ended up playing paintball as a team... which turned out to be a blast, but we didn't get to do the typical speech and recognition.  I missed that.  I will make sure it happens next year.

I'm sure the kids prefer paintball over a speech!

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
Monster
(@monster)
Gold

But then, how will they be informed of how hard you worked when you played?

Mission Statement: To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
Topic starter  

When they get shot and have to come to the side, they can hear it then  ::)

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

"We didn't play paintball like you girls.  We used BB guns."

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Monster
(@monster)
Gold

When they get shot and have to come to the side, they can hear it then  ::)

Smart. Get 'em when they can't run away. I like it!

Mission Statement: To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

Oh, they had a blast at paintball.  Will try to do it again before our first game next season.  But a couple of the kids did ask if they were getting awards.  We don't do participation trophies.  But I always personalize something like a certificate or dog tag commemorating the season.  I give them all nicknames and they seem to love it.  Some of them have the previous season's dog tags on their backpacks for school.  They will call each other by their nicknames when we start the next season.  This year, I did the Crunch Bar award where I put Crunch Bars into a big bowl after each game.  Did this instead of helmet stickers.  The plan was to give out the candy at the end of season party... didn't get to do that, either.

The speech is basically just that and thanking the parents for putting up with our practice schedule.

ReplyQuote
CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver

Oh, they had a blast at paintball.  Will try to do it again before our first game next season.  But a couple of the kids did ask if they were getting awards.  We don't do participation trophies.  But I always personalize something like a certificate or dog tag commemorating the season.  I give them all nicknames and they seem to love it.  Some of them have the previous season's dog tags on their backpacks for school.  They will call each other by their nicknames when we start the next season.  This year, I did the Crunch Bar award where I put Crunch Bars into a big bowl after each game.  Did this instead of helmet stickers.  The plan was to give out the candy at the end of season party... didn't get to do that, either.

The speech is basically just that and thanking the parents for putting up with our practice schedule.

Good speech, where the candy??

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

We normally have a night where all teams get together and we give out trophies, show some video, give out awards, etc.  However, there is really not enough time to say something about each kid, so we did a separate pizza party at someone's house where we could really address just our team and say something about each kid. 

There may have been some adult beverages for that one as well.  ๐Ÿ˜€

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

We did something very unique this Season.

We went to the Museum of Nature and Science that included IMAX and the Planetarium.

We gathered at one of the restaurants at the Museum that could handle 100+...ate...did trophies and awards...then did the Museum IMAX Planetarium thing. Families could go in groups or by themselves....all casual. Go have fun and do whatever.

The Museum had never done anything like this before but rolled out the red carpet for us. Cost about $10-20 per total depending on food intake and lasted from 11 am to 5 pm. Really good value.

It was a mega home run experience for everyone. Great family atmosphere.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
J. Potter (seabass)
(@seabass)
Gold

We have typically done some sort of commemorative deal for the kids like a mini-helmet etc. This year I wrote a letter to each player. Each letter was personal and unique to that player. A couple of them were pretty difficult to write.

I had them printed on card stock with our logo and a few other phrases that are special to our team. I really don't know if the kids thought much of them or not. The parents and administrators really liked them. It took me the better part of a day to write 22 letters.

ReplyQuote
Share: