Notifications
Clear all

The Tug®-To create safe non-contact competition

TheTug
(@thetug)
Lurker
Topic starter  

I'd like to share information with you on a unique training apparatus called The Tug®. Invented by Oklahoma All-American and ten year NFL veteran Steve Zabel, The Tug is used by youth, high school, and college football teams across the country. Coaches say The Tug not only strengthens and conditions, it's the best coaching tool they have for creating safe non-contact competition, generating excitement and fun during practice, and building team spirit.
If you are interested, I invite you to view the attachments and visit www.thetug.net for more information and to view videos.
Thank you and please also feel free to contact me with any questions.

Garry Spurlock
"The Tug®" - Competitive Action Sports, LLC

Coach_O
(@rob_coach_o)
Gold

Pretty cool, we use a towel to do this drill.

Helmet Decals
http://Facebook.com/SportsLiveDecals

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

we use a towel to do this drill.

We made an upgrade.

🙂

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
CoachMattC
(@coachmattc)
Gold

Would be better if there was a three player model. Three way tug of war with a towel (one kid holds the middle) is one of the kid's favorite.

‎"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

We use tires

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

Seems really impractical. Towels or Ropes seem to do a fine job. Seems impractical to use with 8 year olds.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

If anyone wants pictures of the rope set-up we used (including an action shot, as they say), along with the (minimal) instructions for how to make it, just send me your email address in a PM.  It worked really well for us.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

In related news, it seems the Boy Scouts in Overland Park, Kansas have their game down:

New Knots you should learn

Zeppelin Bend
Alpine Butterfly Knot

http://www.troop324.org/scout-skills/knots

Those instructions for tying the Zeppelin Bend are the best I've seen.

And there are (at least) two types of Alpine Butterfly Knots -- the Loop and the Bend.  They show, and we use, the Loop.

ReplyQuote
Share: